|Full name||Jaba Kankava|
|Date of birth||18 March 1986|
|Place of birth||Tbilisi, Georgian SSR, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Current club||FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk|
|2010–2012||→ FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih (loan)||37||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 April 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Jaba Kankava (Georgian: ჯაბა კანკავა) (born 18 March 1986) is a Georgian footballer. He currently plays in midfield for FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in the Ukrainian Premier League, having previously played for Dinamo Tbilisi, Alania Vladikavkaz, and Arsenal Kyiv.
Kankava scored a goal against Croatia in UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying.
On April 12, 2014 before the game Dnipro - Metalurh Z at the Dnipro Arena, Kankava was awarded the Order of Merit for his heroic actions two months ago in Kiev. On 30 March 2014 Kankava saved the life of Dynamo Kiev captain Oleh Husyev, after Husyev was dazed in a collision and his tongue blocked his airway.
- "Zestafoni make their move". UEFA.com. 2005-03-11. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- Dnipro footballer Kankava was given an award for saving Husyev. Ukrinform. April 14, 2014
- "Dnipro's Jaba Kankava saves Kiev captain's life after he swallows tongue". The Guardian. 2014-03-31. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- Jaba Kankava – FIFA competition record
- Jaba Kankava at National-Football-Teams.com
|This biographical article relating to association football in the country of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|