Barrett in March 2009
August 2, 1972 |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Spouse(s)||Gabriel Macht (2004–present; 2 children)|
Jacinda Barrett (August 2, 1972) is an Australian American model-turned-actress. She first became known to audiences as a cast member on The Real World: London before appearing in films such as Ladder 49, The Namesake, The Human Stain, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, Poseidon and The Last Kiss.
Early life and career
Born in Brisbane, Queensland, the daughter of an airport firefighter, Barrett entered and won the annual Dolly Covergirl contest in Australia in 1988, while attending Kenmore State High School, and started modeling at the age of seventeen through Europe. In 1995, she had her first television appearance as a cast member on MTV's The Real World: London; she later attended the British American Drama Academy in Oxford. She made her film debut in 1997 in Campfire Tales.
Barrett appeared in the September 1998 issue of Maxim in an article promoting the new fall television series. Her appearance served to promote her appearance in the NBC primetime soap opera Wind on Water but the show did not last past the first season.
Barrett married American actor Gabriel Macht in 2004. The couple had their first child, a girl named Satine Anais Geraldine Macht, on August 20, 2007 in Los Angeles. They had a second child, a son named Luca, on February 26, 2014. Barrett and Macht appeared together in the film Middle Men and she also had a recurring role in the second season of Macht's TV series, Suits.
- Campfire Tales (1997) – Heather Wallace
- Immaculate Springs (1998)
- Art House (1998) – Tiffany
- 24-Seven (1999) – Claire
- Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000) – Lisa
- The Human Stain (2003) – Steena Paulsson
- Ladder 49 (2004) – Linda Morrison
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (2004) – Rebecca
- Ripley Under Ground (2005) – Heloise
- Poseidon (2006) – Maggie James
- The Last Kiss (2006) – Jenna
- School for Scoundrels (2006) – Amanda
- The Namesake (2007) – Maxine
- New York, I Love You (2008) – Maggie
- Middle Men (2009) – Diana Harris
- Matching Jack (2010) – Marissa
- The Real World (1995) – Herself
- Night Man (1998) – The Amazing Selene
- Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (1998) – Medea
- Guys Like Us (1998) – Aubrey
- Millennium (1998) – Taylor Watts
- Wind on Water (1998) – Kate Poole
- Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane (1999) – Lisa
- Bull (2000) – Holly Cameron
- D.C. (2000) – Finley Scott
- Citizen Baines (2001) – Dori Baines
- See You In My Dreams (2004) – Ingrid
- Suits (2012) – Zoe Lawford
- Zero Hour (2013) – Laila Galliston
- The Following (2014) – Julia
- Biodata per www.findarticles.com
- Maxim magazine; September 1998; p. 121
- Shawna Malcolm (August 2, 2012). "Debriefing 'Suits' suave and sexy star Gabriel Macht". TV Guide. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- Orloff, Brian; "Jacinda Barrett Welcomes a Baby Girl"; People.com; August 28, 2007
- Gabriel Macht and Jacinda Barrett Welcome Son Luca
- Suits stars Gabriel Macht and wife Jacinda Barrett welcome second child
- "'The Real World' Stars: Where Are They Now?". The Huffington Post/AOL TV. March 4, 2008.
- M. Berlian (January 30, 2013). "A suitable man". Da Man Magazine. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- Gillian Cumming (August 6, 2010). "Joyous return for homegrown star Jacinda Barrett". Courier Mail. Retrieved February 21, 2013.