|Current logo of Jack City|
|Type||Broadcast UHF television network (2012-2014)
Cable television network (2012-present)
|Slogan||Drama with Style|
|Headquarters||Mandaluyong City, Philippines|
|Owner||Solar Entertainment Corporation|
|October 20, 2012 (test broadcast)
November 11, 2012 (launch on free TV and cable)
September 1, 2014 (on cable; continued broadcast)
|Dissolved||August 31, 2014 (on free TV)|
|CHASE (December 24, 2011 – October 19, 2012)|
|NTSC 480i (SDTV)|
|Jack TV, BTV, NBA Premium TV, My Movie Channel, Solar Sports, TGC|
|Replaced by||O Shopping and TBN Asia (as a free TV broadcast)|
(Digital test broadcast)
|Cignal Digital TV||Channel 22|
|SkyCable||Channel 72 (Digital)|
|Destiny Cable||Channel 60 (Analog)
Channel 72 (Digital)
|Telmarc Cable||Channel 97|
|Caceres Cable TV (Naga City)||Channel 32|
|Available on most Filipino cable systems||Check Local Listings for channels|
Jack City (stylized as JackCITY) is a Philippine cable television network. Formerly known as Chase, it is Jack TV's second counterpart channel. It is owned by Solar Entertainment Corporation. It is currently broadcast on Destiny Cable channel 60, Cablelink channel 40, and SkyCable channel 72 (digital). Launched on October 20, 2012, its programming, similar to that of defunct networks C/S and Chase, is focused on suspense, science fiction, and drama series, with a dash of style.
It broadcast 24 hours a day on Cable and Satellite TV providers and thru Live streaming.
On September 7, 2012, an announcement was made during CHASE programs and in commercials, bearing the slogan: "Another Jack TV is rising, coming soon on this channel" (BEAM Channel 31), and Jack City was launched in October 20, 2012. On the event before the channel was launched, CHASE ended its operation on October 19, 2012, although some of its programs were carried over to this channel. The full broadcast was initiated on November 11, 2012. The main reason of reformatting/rebranding was due to CHASE being too male-centric.
Recently, around June 28, 2013, BEAM Channel 31 limited the operations of Jack City from 24 hours to 18 hours broadcasting due to National Telecommunications Commission's rules of free TV. However, it still continues to air 24 hours on cable providers.
On September 1, 2014, the channel was no longer seen on free TV as BEAM Channel 31 prepares for the ISDB-T digital television. It continued broadcast on cable television but they still implement MTRCB ratings.
Jack City's programming consists focused on action, suspense, science fiction, crime, comedy and drama series, programs dedicated for the local news, entertainment, short events, parties, special, and other programs such as blocktimer.
|Jack CITY||Drama with Style||October 20, 2012 - present||Jack CITY's official slogan|
- C/S (A Very First Crime Channel)
- CHASE (the former name of this channel)
- BEAM TV Channel 31
- The Game Channel
- Jack TV (SEC's young adult-oriented cable channel)
- Solar Entertainment Corporation
- Solar Television Network
- DWKC-TV (former Free TV affiliator)
- Radio Mindanao Network
- Sallan, Edwin. "Solar launches new free channel JackCITY". News5. InterAksyon.com. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- Solar Entertainment combines drama with style in its new channel, JackCITY retrieved via Adobo Magazine.com 11-24-2012
- Redefining Drama Solar Entertainment Corporation Launches 'JackCity' ClickTheCity.com. Retrieved 12-01-2012.
- Ching, Mark Angelo. "Solar Entertainment rebrands CHASE channel, new programs via JackCity". Philippine Entertainment portal. Pep.ph. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Villagomez, Kaye. "Solar Replaces Chase Channel With Jack City, Offers Drama Serials". The Manila Bulletin. mb.com.ph. Retrieved 22 November 2012.