Jack D. Franks
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 63rd district
|Preceded by||Michael J. Brown|
October 2, 1963 |
|Alma mater||University of Wisconsin
Washington College of Law
Jack Franks is a member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 63rd district since 1999. The McHenry area district includes all or parts of Harvard, Marengo, Woodstock, Bull Valley, Wonder Lake, Illinois, Greenwood, McHenry, Fox Lake, Spring Grove, Johnsburg and Lakemoor.
In the Illinois House of Representatives, Franks serves as chairman of the State Government Administration committee since 2003.
Franks was first elected to the Illinois House of Representatives in 1998 defeating the incumbent by 138 votes to become one of the first Democrats to represent the largely Republican McHenry area in the Illinois General Assembly.
As Chair of the State Government Administration Committee, Rep. Franks called for the first audits of a sitting governor in the history of Illinois and was the first Democrat to openly criticize Rod Blagojevich.
Presently, Representative Franks serves on the Illinois Aging Committee, Public Utilities Committee, Chairman of the State Government Administration Committee, Chairman of the International Trade & Commerce Committee, and Vice-Chairman of the Veterans' Affairs Committee.
Outside of serving Illinois' 63rd District, Representative Franks is a practicing attorney at the law firm of Franks, Gerkin & McKenna. He holds two degrees: A Bachelors of Arts Degree in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin/Madison and a law degree from the American University Washington College of Law. He is a member of multiple chambers of commerce in the McHenry County area. Finally, he spends his off time with his wife, Debby, and two children.
- Veeneman, Drew. "Map of 63rd District". precinctmaps.com. Retrieved 2013-05-26.
- "Representative Jack D. Franks (D), 63rd District". Illinois General Assembly. Retrieved 2013-05-26.
- Ray Long and Christi Parsons. "Madigan, Philip Retain Majorities In Legislature". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-05-26.
- "General Election - 11/3/1998 63rd Representative". Illinois State Board of Elections. Retrieved 2013-05-26.
- Jack Franks Huffington Post
- "Unknown Title". The Northwest Herald. 1998-09-20. Retrieved 2014-02-15.
- Peterson, Jami (11-04-1998). "Unknown Title". The Northwest Herald. Retrieved 2014-02-15.
- Representative Jack D. Franks (D) 58th District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Jack D. Franks constituency site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Rep. Jack D. Franks at Illinois House Democrats