6 March 1991 |
High Wycombe (England)
|British Touring Car Championship career|
|Current team||MG 5 Star Cases Racing|
|Former teams||RCIB Insurance Racing, CHROME Edition Restart Racing|
|Best finish||14th in 2014|
|Renault Clio Cup UK
MG Trophy Championship
|2012||Renault Clio Cup UK|
Jack Alan Goff (born 6 March 1991 in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire) is a British auto racing driver. He was the 2012 Renault Clio Cup United Kingdom champion. He made his debut in the British Touring Car Championship on 31 March 2013 at Brands Hatch, driving for RCIB Insurance Racing.
Renault Clio Cup UK
He remained in the championship in 2011. Goff stayed with the championship contenders for much of the season, and he took his maiden victory in the championship at Oulton Park. He later added a double win at Rockingham, but his results were not enough to mount a title challenge and he ended the season fifth in the championship, 52 points shy of fourth placed driver James Dixon.
Goff remained in the championship for 2012, finishing in the top five in the first eight races of the year, including wins at Brands Hatch and Donington Park. Goff was leading the title challenge at the half way point of the season but his nearest rival Paul Rivett took four consecutive wins after the mid-season break, at Snetterton and Rockingham. Both endured a poor weekend at Silverstone meaning the title would be decided at Brands Hatch a fortnight later; with Rivett retiring in the first race, Goff took the title in the second race of the weekend by nine points.
British Touring Car Championship
Tony Gilham Racing (2013–)
On 19 December 2012 it was announced that Goff would drive an NGTC Vauxhall Insignia for Team HARD. in the 2013 British Touring Car Championship season. This came just over a month after he tested the car at Silverstone. Two minutes into qualifying for the first round at Brands Hatch he collided with Colin Turkington who had spun on the exit of Druids and was stationary on the racing line. He hadn't set a time and started at the back of the grid for the first race.
Complete British Touring Car Championship results
(key) (Races in bold indicate pole position – 1 point awarded just in first race) (Races in italics indicate fastest lap – 1 point awarded all races) (* signifies that driver lead race for at least one lap – 1 point given all races)
* Season in progress.
- Feldberg, Alan (23 February 2010). "Goff under starter's orders". Bucks Free Press (Newsquest). Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "AC-ET Continues Jack Goff Racing Sponsorship for 2011 ELF Renault Clio Cup". et now (Entertainment Technology Press Ltd). 6 April 2011. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Paice, Simon (6 January 2012). "2011 Renault Clio Cup Season Review". TheCheckeredFlag (BlackEagleMedia Network). Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Paice, Simon (26 November 2012). "2012 Renault Clio Cup Season Review". TheCheckeredFlag (BlackEagleMedia Network). Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Veltman, Rob (19 December 2012). "Team Hard signs Jack Goff for Vauxhall Insignia". TouringCarTimes (Mediaempire Stockholm AB). Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Jack Goff tests a touring car with Team HARD. at Silverstone". Daily Record (Trinity Mirror). MJP Media. 15 November 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Gallagher, Ian (30 March 2013). "Andrew Jordan takes pole at snow-hit Brands Hatch". TouringCarTimes (Mediaempire Stockholm AB). Retrieved 31 March 2013.