Jack C. Hayya
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, 1952
- M.S., Management, California State University, Northridge, 1961
- Ph.D., Business Administration, University of California, Los Angeles, 1966
In 1947, the government of Iraq sent him to study engineering in the United States. During his undergraduate years he lived in the Cosmopolitan fraternity house at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, mostly with other foreign students. He was an engineer on some large public works projects before returning to academia.
Publications (partial list)
- He, Xin James, Kim, Jeon G., Hayya, Jack C. The cost of lead-time variability: The case of the exponential distribution.
- Ramasesh, Ranga V., Fu, Haizhen, Fong, Duncan K. H., Hayya, Jack C. Lot streaming in multistage production systems.
- Hong, Jae-Dong, Hayya, Jack C. Just-In-Time purchasing: Single or multiple sourcing?.
- Jack Hayya, Roger Pfaffenberger. Student Workbook for Use with Statistical Methods for Business and Economics. Paperback. June 1987. McGraw-Hill Education. ISBN 978-0-256-03665-7. LC 0256036659.
- Hayya, Jack C. 1966. A study on the appropriate use of PERT in procurement contracts. Thesis (Ph. D.)--University of California, Los Angeles, 1966. OCLC 18820012
- Hayya, Jack C. 1961. An analysis and evaluation of the United States and Soviet defense organizations. Thesis (M.S.)--San Fernando Valley State College, 1961. OCLC 9589374
- "Bio of Jack Hayya". Penn State - Smeal College of Business. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
Jack C. Hayya is Professor emeritus (since 1 July 1998) of Management Science at Penn State University and winner of that university's 1996 Graduate Faculty Teaching Award. He is a Fellow of Decision Sciences Institute (since 1990), was chair of its Publications Committee (1991-92); and vice-resident at-large (1992-94).
- Hayya, Jack (May 2005). "Reminiscences of the Cosmo House". Cosmo Connections. University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana). Retrieved 2008-07-15.
I came to the Cosmopolitan Fraternity