Jack Herer (Cannabis)
Jack Herer is a prized sativa-dominant sativa/indica hybrid of Cannabis well known for both its cerebral high and its strong body high. The strain is a cross between Skunk #1, Haze, and Northern Lights #5. Jack Herer is the parent to many subset strains. The goal was to make a 50 percent Haze cross that kept the properties of this top-rated sativa, while shortening the painful 6 month flowering time that a full-blooded Haze demands.
The hybrid is named after hemp proponent Jack Herer, cannabis decriminalization activist, and author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes. Created by the Sensi Seed Bank in the Netherlands, it was released as a seed strain in 1994, winning the 7th High Times Cannabis Cup in the same year.
Jack Herer is the most awarded variety in the history of harvest festivals, winning 11 High Times Cannabis Cup awards.
- 2006: 2nd – High Life Cannabis Cup (Seed Bank Hydro Haze)
- 2006: 2nd – High Life Cannabis Cup (Grow Shop Hydro Haze)
- 2005: 1st – High Life Cannabis Cup (Coffeeshop Hydro)
- 2004: 1st – High Life Cannabis Cup (Coffeeshop Hydro)
- 2004: 1st – High Life Cannabis Cup (Seeds Haze Hydro)
- 2003: 1st – High Life Cannabis Cup (Seeds Hydro)
- 2003: 1st – High Life Cannabis Cup (Grow Shop Bio)
- 2003: 3rd – High Life Cannabis Cup (Coffeeshop Hydro)
- 2002: 3rd – High Life Cannabis Cup (Coffeeshop Hydro)
- 1999: 1st – High Times Cannabis Cup (Sativa Cup)
- 1994: 1st – High Times Cannabis Cup (Overall)
– Source: 
Jack Herer is a hybrid strain that generally leans Sativa (usually consisting of 55-60% Sativa and 45-40% Indica).
Jack Herer produces earthy flavors and scents of spice and skunk combined with a signature haze accent. The dense, clustered buds often appear light green due to a frosty resin coating.
- Sannies Jack, F8 Jack Herer line
- Killing Fields = The One X Sannies Jack
- C99, Jack Herer line
- JackBerry = Blueberry Indica x Sannies Jack
- JackBerry x KO Kush
- Cracker Jack
- Black Jack - crossed with Black Domina
- Candy Jack – Second place sativa winner at the first ever High Times Cannabis Cup in the U.S. (is actually a Hybrid)
- Emerald Jack - a cross with Emerald OG
- J1 - A cross with Skunk #1
- Jack Flash – High Times Overall Cannabis Cup (2004) #3
- Jack Kush
- Lemon Jack - a cross with Skunk #1, Lemon Haze and Northern Lights
- Sour Jack
- Critical Jack – a cross with Critical Mass
- Clockwork Orange
- Super Jack - a cross with Super Silver Haze
- Jackwreck - A cross with the popular Hybrid strain Trainwreck
- Jack The Ripper
- Jack Cheese - A cross with blue cheese strain.
- Jack Haze
- Jack Frost - A cross of Jack Herer with Rainbow Kashmiri strain.
- B. Smith. "Jack Herer Seeds - Cannnabis Cup winning strain". Weed-seeds.net. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- kgb. "Jack Herer Marijuana Strain". kindgreenbuds.com. Retrieved 2014-02-02.
- "Cannabis Cup Winners". High Times. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Jack Herer". Top Dank. 4 October 2014. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Jack Herer". wikileaf.com. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Jack Herer Seeds". Sensiseeds.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.