Jack Hunt (footballer)
|Full name||Jack Paul Hunt|
|Date of birth||6 December 1990|
|Place of birth||Rothwell, West Yorkshire, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2009–2010||→ Grays Athletic (loan)||4||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Chesterfield (loan)||20||(0)|
|2014||→ Barnsley (loan)||11||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:11, 17 May 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Having joined up with Huddersfield Town at the age of nine, Hunt went through the club's academy system. In the 2009–10 season, he was sent on loan to Conference National side Grays Athletic. Hunt also appeared as an unused substitute for Lee Clark's first team on four occasions throughout the 2009-10 season at Huddersfield.
In the 2010–11 season, Huddersfield manager Lee Clark sent Hunt out on loan to Football League Two side Chesterfield for six months. He made his debut in the 2–1 win over Barnet on 7 August 2010. He returned to the Galpharm after his loan expired in early January 2011.
He made his Huddersfield debut as a substitute in the 0–0 draw against Colchester United at the Galpharm Stadium on 22 January 2011. He then made his first start for the club in their 2–1 defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium in the Fourth Round of the FA Cup on 30 January, which was then followed by his first league start in the 2–0 win over Carlisle United on 1 February. He scored his first goal for the club against Peterborough United on 9 April 2011, in the last minute to salvage a 1–1 draw.
Hunt's first start in the 2011–12 season came against Port Vale in the League Cup on 9 August 2011. He scored with a 25-yard shot to put Huddersfield 3–1 up - they won 4–2 on the night. His first league start of the season came four days later in a 2–2 draw away at Rochdale on 13 August 2011. He scored his first league goal of the 2011–12 season against Leyton Orient on 24 September, he made the score 2–0 with a shot from 20 yards - the game ended 2–2. Due to his overall performance of the course of the season Hunt along with his team mate Jordan Rhodes were voted into the PFA League 1 Team of the Year. Hunt scored his third goal of the season on 12 May 2012, in Huddersfield's play-off semi-final away victory over Milton Keynes Dons at Stadium MK giving Huddersfield a 2–0 win going into the second leg. He then played the full 90minutes plus extra time in the final as Huddersfield Town went on to win promotion after an 8-7 penalty shoot-out win over fellow Yorkshire club Sheffield United with Hunt scoring the 17th penalty of the shoot-out.
Hunt made his first start of the season in the opening round of the League Cup in the 2-0 away deft at Preston North End on Monday 13 August 2012, this was then followed by his first league game of the season away at Cardiff in Huddersfield's first game in the Football League Championship for 11 years in a 1-0 away loss. Hunt gave an impressive display in his first home game of 2012-13 winning an injury time penalty which Jordan Rhodes scored to give Huddersfield a 1-1 draw on 21 August 2012. Hunt was also named in Sky Sports team of the week on 23 August for his performance in Huddersfield first two games of the league campaign.
Premier League side Crystal Palace signed Hunt on a four year deal, from Huddersfield Town, on 2 September 2013. The fee, officially 'undisclosed', was understood to be around £2 million. However, before he could make his début, Hunt broke his ankle in training on 9 September, ruling him out for up to four months.
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|2009–10||Grays Athletic||Conference National||4||0||0||0||0||0||-||4||0|
|2009–10||Huddersfield Town||League One||0||0||0||0||0||0||-||0||0|
- NOTE: teams in Italics indicate loan period
- NOTE: Football League Trophy results included in Total
- NOTE: Play-Off included in League
- Huddersfield Town:
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "Chesterfield Team Profiles Jack Hunt." Chesterfield FC Official website. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Aug 2010.http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10435~47251,00.html
- "Huddersfield 1-1 Peterborough". BBC News.
- "Port Vale 2-4 Huddersfield". BBC News.
- "Rochdale 2-2 Huddersfield". BBC News. 13 August 2011.
- "Huddersfield 2-2 Leyton Orient". BBC News. 24 September 2011.
- "Town down Dons to take charge". Sky Sports. 12 May 2012.
- Sky Sports http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8011432/Team-of-the-Week?
|url=missing title (help).
- Drayton, John (2 September 2013). "Palace confirm signing of Huddersfield defender Hunt on four-year deal". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Crystal Palace's Jack Hunt breaks ankle, faces up to four months out". BBC Sport. 11 September 2013. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- "Jack Hunt Joins Reds On Loan". Barnsley FC. 29 January 2014.