|Alma mater||B.A, University of Florida, 1965|
|Known for||Founding the Panama Jack Company
Florida Gators football player
Jack Katz (born c. 1943) is an American businessman and the founder and chief executive officer of the Panama Jack Company.
Katz attended the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he was a lineman for coach Ray Graves' Florida Gators football team from 1962 to 1964. He was a starting defensive lineman for the Gators, and was one of the heroes of the Gators' 10–6 upset of the Alabama Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa in 1963. Katz was a third-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection in 1963. He was also a member of Sigma Nu Fraternity (Epsilon Zeta Chapter) at Florida.
Katz graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in education in 1965, and was inducted into the University of Florida Athletic Hall of Fame as a "Distinguished Letter Winner" in 2008.
- Florida Gators
- Florida Gators football, 1960–69
- List of Sigma Nu brothers
- List of University of Florida alumni
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 82, 96, 98, 183 (2011). Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- F Club, Hall of Fame, Distinguished Letterwinners. Retrieved December 19, 2014.
- "Nine Members Inducted Into University of Florida Athletics Hall of Fame," GatorZone.com (April 11, 2008). Retrieved July 22, 2011.
- "Outstanding Florida Alumni" (PDF). University of Florida. 2005-10-17. Retrieved 2007-10-01.
- Panama Jack Company, Home Page. Retrieved September 14, 2010.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- McEwen, Tom, The Gators: A Story of Florida Football, The Strode Publishers, Huntsville, Alabama (1974). ISBN 0-87397-025-X.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.
- Panama Jack – Official website of the Panama Jack Company.