Jack Marriott (footballer)
|Full name||Jack David Marriott|
|Date of birth||9 September 1994|
|Place of birth||Beverley, England|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
(on loan from Ipswich Town)
|2013||→ Woking (loan)||7||(8)|
|2014||→ Gillingham (loan)||1||(0)|
|2014||→ Woking (loan)||15||(4)|
|2014||→ Carlisle United (loan)||1||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Woking (loan)||19||(4)|
|2015–||→ Colchester United (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:31, 17 January 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
After making his debut for Ipswich on 4 May 2013, he signed on loan for Woking of the Conference Premier during which period he scored nine goals in nine games. He returned to Woking on loan in January 2014 after a brief stint at League One side Gillingham. He scored a further four goals in his loan spell at the club, but was recalled by Ipswich on 17 April 2014.
He went on to sign for Carlisle United at the start of the 2014–15 season. However he was recalled by Ipswich Town after only making one appearance for the League Two side. It was announced soon after that he was returning to Woking on loan for a 3rd and 4th spell.
Marriott joined the Ipswich Town youth set up as a 15-year-old. In April 2011 the club confirmed that Marriott had joined the Under-18s on a two-year scholarship. At the time, recruitment officer Malcolm Moore said "He's a striker, tough, quick, aggressive and has a horrible knack of scoring goals." Impressive performances for the Under 18s over his two-year scholarship led to Marriott putting pen to paper on a one year professional contract at Portman Road. Marriott was included in the squad for the last two games of the 2012–13 league campaign and made his professional debut in the last game of the season away to Burnley.
In November 2013, Marriott joined Conference Premier side Woking on a one-month loan deal. On 7 December 2013 Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy confirmed Marriott had signed a new contract with Ipswich Town.
Marriott made his Woking debut on 12 November against Dartford and scored his first professional goal and assisted another goal as he picked up man of the match. Marriott scored twice in his next game in a 3–2 come back victory against Hyde. He scored his fourth goal in as many games as he netted in the FA Trophy against Hereford United, and got the first hat-trick of his professional career the following match in a 4–3 victory against Halifax Town.
On 5 December it was confirmed Marriott had extended his loan at Woking by a further month but with the option of a recall.
On 2 January 2014, Woking confirmed that following the end of his loan spell with the club, Marriott would be joining League One side Gillingham on loan. On 30 January 2014, Marriott was recalled back to Ipswich Town.
Return to Woking (loan)
Carlisle United (loan)
On 25 September 2014, Marriott joined Woking on loan for a 3rd spell and scored on his debut in a 3–2 defeat to Kidderminster Harriers. After a slow start, Jack went on to score 3 goals in his last 5 games before returning to the Championship club. Shortly after Jacks loan period ended, it was confirmed that he would be staying at Woking on loan for the rest of the season. However the loan was cut short and it was soon confirmed he would be heading to Colchester United on loan.
- As of 16 January 2015.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Ipswich Town||2012–13 Football League Championship||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|2013–14 Football League Championship||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|Woking (loan)||2013–14 Football Conference||7||8||0||0||0||0||2||1||9||9|
|Gillingham (loan)||2013–14 Football League One||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|Woking (loan)||2013–14 Football Conference||15||4||0||0||0||0||0||0||15||4|
|Carlisle United (loan)||2014–15 Football League Two||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|Woking (loan)||2014–15 Football Conference||19||4||1||0||0||0||3||1||23||5|
|Colchester United (loan)||2014–15 Football League One||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
- "Professional Retain List & Free Transfers 2012/13". The Football League. 3 June 2013. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Eight new scholars for Academy". TWTD.com. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "McCarthy delighted to offer quintet contracts". TWTD.com. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "Burnley v Ipswich". BBC Sport. 3 May 2013. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "Jack Marriott: Woking sign Ipswich striker on one-month loan". BBC Sport. 8 November 2013. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Watson, Stuart (11 December 2013). "Double boost as Aaron Cresswell and Jack Marriott sign contract extensions". East Anglian Daily Times. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Brammer, Chris (15 November 2013). "Woking FC manager Garry Hill full of praise Ipswich Town loanee Jack Marriott". Green Un. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "Woking 3–2 Hyde". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Dyke, Chris (3 December 2013). "No Bull – Cards ace Rendell leaves Hereford doubled up". GetSurrey.co.uk. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "Marriott Hits Hat-Trick And Signs New Deal". TWTD.com. 7 December 2013. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "Scott Rendell & Jack Marriott". Woking F.C. 2 January 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Town Recall Jack". Ipswich Town FC. 30 January 2014.
- Brammar, Chris (18 August 2014). "Jack Marriott leaves Ipswich Town for Carlisle United and Frank Nouble heading for exit door". East Anglian Daily Times. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Jack Marriott". Soccerbase. Retrieved 26 December 2013.