Jack Mulcahy (actor)
|Born||April 22, 1954
New York, New York
Jack Mulcahy (born April 22, 1954) is an American actor best known for playing the eldest brother Jack McMullen in the Edward Burns' film The Brothers McMullen (1995) as well as playing Wesley York in Sex & the City.
Jack started in the entertainment business as a lead vocalist and guitarist for various popular rock 'n' roll bands in and around New York City. He got a taste of movie success with his very first film, Porky's (1982) directed by Bob Clark. After the sequel, Porky's II: The Next Day (1983) Jack appeared in several films and television shows including Law & Order; NYPD Blue; Awakenings; and Cadillac Man.
In 2006, Jack turned some of his attention to producing. He produced (and starred) in a play called PrimeTime written by Alex DeWitt and directed by Fern Lopez. It opened the 2006 Off-Broadway Spring/Summer season to glowing notices and sold-out houses. After a few seasons away from the stage he went back to the boards in 2010 and starred in the Off Broadway showcase of FRICTION. Again, to packed houses a stellar reviews. Film and theater critic Jeffrey Lyons gushed, "Jack Mulcahy is a superb and versatile actor!"
After FRICTION, Jack went on a run of lead roles, starring in five films. One, a slacker comedy "Stuck In The Middle" that took the 2011 film festival circuit by storm, delighting audiences and garnering several four-star reviews. In one review a critic wrote, "The crowd couldn't get enough of him! Jack Mulcahy steals every scene he's in!" Another film just completed is the comedy Reunion 108, a semi-fictional baseball movie in which he plays former Major Leaguer Teddy Mitchell, who has a kinetic personality and is a leader of men. Here is a promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkLM9UKgLmI
He also received a tremendous amount of notoriety for starring and singing a jingle in a Snickers national network commercial that has since gone viral on YouTube with over 7 million hits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhEQ066WDAA.
He participates in several charity events and organizations such as The Jackie Robinson Foundation; The Alan Brown Foundation for Spinal Cord Research; The Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Foundation; and the Mercy College Scholarship Foundation.
He is an avid softball player, a 14-handicap golfer and an all-around athlete, Jack graduated from the prestigious Stuyvesant High School in New York City at the age of 16. He has an IQ of 148 and is a member of Mensa.
He resides in his birthplace of New York City.
- The Jersey Devil (2014) as Lucifer
- Games Without Frontiers (2012) (announced)
- Reunion 108 (2012) as Teddy Mitchell
- Alleged (2012) as Steven Seagal
- The Windermere Guest (2012) as Mugsy
- Pale Blue Sky (2012) as Mike Ross
- Twin Primes (2012) as Professor Michael Clapton
- Stuck in the Middle (2011) as Leo
- The Onion News Network (2011) as Commander David Hawkins in 'Fantasy Brainwall'
- The Job Interview (2011) as Man
- The Great Fight (2011) as Al Ryan
- Calling It Quits (2009) as Tom
- iMurders (2008) as William Jensen
- Life in Flight (2008) as Peter Previn
- Midnight Son (2007) as Edward Dagney (with Oscar Winner Melissa Leo)
- El cantante (2006) as Doctor
- Euthanasia (2006) as Dad
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Detective Brian Beal (1 episode, 2006)
- aka "Law & Order: SVU" (USA: promotional abbreviation)
- aka "Special Victims Unit" (New Zealand: English title)
- - Taboo (2006) TV episode as Detective Brian Beal
- The Gravedancers (2006) as Police Officer #1
- One Life to Live as the Fisherman / (3 episodes, 2004–2005)
- - Episode #1.9526 (2005) TV episode as the Fisherman
- - Episode #1.9525 (2005) TV episode as the Fisherman
- - Episode #1.9226 (2004) TV episode as the Peter Bohr
- Shelter Island (2003) (voice) (uncredited) as DJ Jack the Whack
- Infested (2002) as Bob
- aka Infested: Invasion of the Killer Bugs (USA: DVD box title)
- The Blue Diner (2001) as Brian
- aka La Fonda azul (USA: Spanish title)
- "Welcome to New York" as the Husband (2 episodes, 2000–2001)
- - The Memo (2001) TV episode (voice) as the Husband
- - Tickets (2000) TV episode (voice) as the Husband
- Law & Order as Lt. Reston (1 episode, 2000)
- aka "Law & Order Prime" (USA: informal title)
- - Narcosis (2000) TV episode as Lt. Reston
- Sex and the City as Wesley York (1 episode, 1999)
- - Shortcomings (1999) TV episode as Wesley York
- Saturday Night Live as Supercop (1 episode, 1998)
- aka "NBC's Saturday Night" (USA: complete title)
- aka "SNL 25" (USA: alternative title)
- aka "SNL" (USA: informal title)
- aka "Saturday Night Live '80" (USA: sixth season title)
- aka "Saturday Night Live 15" (USA: new title)
- aka "Saturday Night Live 20" (USA: new title)
- aka "Saturday Night Live 25" (USA: new title)
- aka "Saturday Night" (USA: first season title)
- - Cameron Diaz/Smashing Pumpkins (1998) TV episode as Supercop
- A Perfect Murder (1998) (uncredited) as the Bartender
- The Reunion (1998) as Hal Coleman
- The Brothers McMullen (1995) as Jack McMullen
- Creating Rem Lezar (1989) as Rem Lezar
- Porky's II: The Next Day (1983) as Frank Bell
- Porky's (1982) as Frank Bell