January 23, 1992 |
Longmont, Colorado, United States
Jack Reynor (born January 23, 1992) is an Irish actor. His breakout role was as the lead in the critically acclaimed Irish film What Richard Did (2012), for which he won an IFTA Award for Best Actor (Film). Since then, he has appeared in the comedy-drama Delivery Man (2013) and featured as one of the leads in Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014).
Reynor was born in Longmont Colorado, United States. His mother, Tara (Reynor) O’Grady, is a human rights defender from Ireland. Jack moved to Valleymount, County Wicklow, Ireland, when he was two years old. He was raised there by his mother and maternal grandparents, Pat and Damien Reynor. His interest in acting began on the set of Country, directed by Kevin Liddy, in 1999. Between 2004 and 2010, he attended Belvedere College SJ in Dublin, where he performed on stage in numerous productions. In early 2010, he was cast in Kirsten Sheridan's "Dollhouse" which debuted at Berlinale 2012. In late 2011, he played the title role in Lenny Abrahamson's highly anticipated What Richard Did.
In January 2013, Reynor was cast as Shane, a race car driver, in Transformers: Age of Extinction, the fourth entry of the Transformers series. The film was released in June 2014, and co-starred Mark Wahlberg and Nicola Peltz. Together he, Wahlberg and Peltz are contracted for three films, beginning a new Transformers trilogy. His casting was reportedly based on his leading performance in What Richard Did.
Reynor is engaged to Irish model Madeline Mulqueen.
|2010||Three Wise Women||Colin||TV movie|
|Chasing Leprechauns||Tommy Riley||TV movie|
|What Richard Did||Richard Karlsen|
|2014||Transformers: Age of Extinction||Shane Dyson|
|Girls Night Out||Post-production|
Awards and nominations
|2013||What Richard Did||London Critics Film Award for Young British Performer of the Year||Nominated|
|2013||What Richard Did||IFTA Award for Best Actor (Film)||Won|
|2013||What Richard Did||IFTA Rising Star Award||Nominated|
- [dead link]
- Roe McDermott. "South Side Story | Hot Features | Interview". Hot Press. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- Michelle Fleming (2013-01-20). "Jack Reynor: From his stage debut in a nativity 15 years ago, Wicklow actor's rise has been dizzying | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- Fleming, Mike. "Jack Reynor To Co-Star In 'Transformers 4', Michael Bay Says". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Jack Reynor Lands Starring Role in 'Transformers 4'". Hollywoodreporter.com. 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Jack Reynor Takes Transformers 4 Lead". ComingSoon.net. 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- Josh Wilding - 11/14/2012 (2012-11-14). "Isabelle Cornish, Luke Grimes And More Being Tested For TRANSFORMERS 4; First In A New Trilogy?". Comicbookmovie.com. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
|This article about an Irish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|