Jack Rutherford (actor)
12 April 1893|
|Died||21 August 1982
|Occupation||Film actor and Television actor|
Jack Rutherford (1893–1982) was a British film and television actor. Rutherford first appeared in British films in leading or prominent supporting roles during the silent era. He later went to Hollywood where he often played villains in Western films. His most signiciant American role was as the Sheriff in the 1930 comedy Whoopee! (1930).
- The Marriage Business (1927)
- The Streets of London (1929)
- Half Shot at Sunrise (1930)
- Whoopee! (1930)
- Cowboy Counsellor (1932)
- Roman Scandals (1933)
- The Affairs of Cellini (1934)
- The Oregon Trail (1936)
- Riders of Black Mountain (1940)
- Ridin' Home to Texas (1940)
- Utah (1945)
- Untamed Fury (1947)
- Hark p.45
- Harker, Ina Rae. American Cinema of The 1930s: Themes and Variations. Rutgers University Press, 2007.
- Low, Rachel. The History of British Film: Volume IV, 1918–1929. Routledge, 1997.
|This British biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|