|Jack Daniel Talbert also known as Thomas Jefferson|
Jack Daniel Talbert
|Born||Jack Daniel Talbert
December 19, 1968
Abilene,Kansas - USA
|Other names||Thomas Jefferson|
Jack Talbert officially and legally changed his name to Thomas Jefferson in order for the name of the third President of the United States to appear on the ballot in Kansas in the November 2012 general election. The Huffington Post reports, "Jack Talbert, who is opposing Rep. Mike Pompeo (R) for the Wichita-area seat, has filed paperwork changing his name and ballot identification to that of the third president, the Topeka Capitol-Journal reports. Jefferson is doing so in an effort to boost his name identification and to push his agenda, which includes Libertarian principles of limiting the power of the Federal Reserve and returning to the gold standard".
The Daily News wrote, "One long-shot congressional candidate has taken a drastic step to boost his name recognition. The Libertarian Party nominee running to unseat Republican Rep. Mike Pompeo in Kansas’ Fourth House District has legally changed his name from Jack Talbert to Thomas Jefferson".
Jack's father, George Talbert, co-developed a new carburetor together with Tom Ogle of El Paso, Texas in the 1970s. Talbert claimed that with the modified carburetor, the vintage Oldsmobile, which normally got 4 miles per gallon, was averaging 49 miles per gallon on the highway and 70 mpg around town. The system, however, greatly reduced the car's power: when achieving its highest miles per gallon, the car would take 2 minutes to accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour. Talbert actually stopped driving the modified car on business trips because he felt he needed more power.
- Jefferson to run for Congress, UPI. 2012-07-24. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- Candidate name change, Huffington Post. 2012-07-24. Retrieved 2012-07-25
- Jefferson running for Congress, NPR. 07-24-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- Thomas Jefferson running for Congress in 2012, Indecision 2012. 07-25-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- Thomas Jefferson running in Kansas, KAKE. 07-24-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- House hopeful changes name, Topeka Capital-Journal. 07-23-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- Libertarian Congressional candidate to change name, Daily News. 2012-07-24. Retrieved 2012-07-25
- Thomas Jefferson running for House, The Pitch. 07-24-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- Libertarian candidate changes name, The Blaze. 07-24-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- Jefferson found in Kansas, ABC Digital. 07-24-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- Libertarian to run for Congress, Kansas City Midwest Democracy. 07-24-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- Jefferson to run for Congress, Washington Post. 07-25-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- Candidate to change name legally, Mediaite. 07-24-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- Talbert to become Jefferon for House bid, Politico. 07-24-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- Call me Jefferson, Kansas City Business Journal. 07-24-2012. Retrieved 07-25-2012
- "Family tradition carried on in Delta 88". KTKA.com. 2006-07-06. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "Man fights the pain at the pump 06/13/06". Cjonline.com. 2006-06-13. Retrieved 2009-02-24.