From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up jackal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The word Jackal refers to smaller animals within the dog/wolf family of mammals, including:
- The Golden Jackal, Canis aureus, of northern Africa and southern Eurasia
- The Black-backed Jackal, Canis mesomelas, the Silver-backed Jackal or Red Jackel, of southern and eastern Africa
- The Side-striped Jackal, Canis adustus, of central Africa
- The Egyptian Wolf, Canis lupus lupaster, a small subspieces of Gray Wolf, is also called the Egyptian Jackal, or Wolf Jackal
- The Ethiopian Wolf, Canis simensis, the Simien Jackal or Red Jackel
- The Persian jackal hound, a Jackal-Dog Hybrid originating from Middle Eastern countries
- American Jackal is no longer a common name for the Coyote,Canis latrans, of Central America and North America
Jackal may also refer to:
- The Jackal (1997 film), an American film inspired by the 1973 film The Day of the Jackal
- Jackal (video game), a video game released in 1986 by Konami
- The Jackal (2010 film), a Turkish film
- Jackal (Marvel Comics), a comic book supervillain
- Jackal (Gargoyles), a character in the Gargoyles universe
- The Jackal, a character in Far Cry 2
- Damian Spinelli or The Jackal, a character in the television series General Hospital
- Jackie the Jackal, a character in the television series Kim Possible
- Dr. Jackal or Kuroudou Akabane, a character in GetBackers
- Jackal (Halo), (Perosus latrunculus), a species of extraterrestrial reptiles from the Halo video games.
- Carlos the Jackal (born 1949), Venezuelan-born terrorist
- Jackal Kaizer or Janove Ottesen (born 1975), Norwegian musician
- Victoriano Huerta or The Jackal (1850–1916), Mexican politician
- Robin Jackson or The Jackal (1948–1998), Northern Irish terrorist
- Elmira Jackals and Elmira Jr. "B" Jackals, ice hockey teams based in Elmira, New York.
- New Jersey Jackals, professional baseball team.
- Orlando Jackals, professional roller hockey team.
- Philadelphia Jr. Jackals, ice hockey team.
- HMS Jackal, the name of eight ships of the Royal Navy
- Jackal (MWMIK), a military vehicle
- "The Jackal" (song)
- Šakali ("The Jackals"), the Serbian paramilitary group accused of murdering 48 people in the Kosovo War
- Jackal & Hyde
- Jackyl, an American rock band
- SHACAL, an encryption method
- The Day of the Jackal (film)
- Jakkals, a small vehicle used by the South African military
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.