10 September 1954
St Pancras, London, England
|Education||St Anne's College, Oxford|
|Spouse(s)||Andrew Marr (m. 1987)|
|Children||1 son and 2 daughters|
|Relatives||Jack Ashley, Baron Ashley of Stoke (father, deceased)|
Ashley is the daughter of Jack Ashley, Baron Ashley of Stoke (1922–2012), a former Labour politician. Her mother was Pauline Kay Ashley Crispin (1932–2003). She was educated at Rosebery Grammar School for girls, Epsom, Surrey and St Anne's College, Oxford, where she studied PPE and was a member of the Oxford University Broadcasting Society.
Since then, she has been a television news reporter and newspaper journalist, writing for the New Statesman and The Guardian. She specializes in the Labour Party, the media, politics, public services, trade unions and women's issues. She was broadly a supporter of Gordon Brown's government.
Jackie Ashley married fellow journalist Andrew Marr in Surrey in 1987; they live in west London. The couple have a son and two daughters. Ashley took nine months leave in 2013 to care for her husband after Marr suffered a stroke. In October 2015 Ashley will become President of Lucy Cavendish College, Cambridge.
- 1979–1981 — BBC trainee
- 1981–1984 — Producer and newsreader on Newsnight
- 1984–1986 — Reporter on TV-am, producer and reporter on Channel 4
- 1986–1999 — Political correspondent with ITN
- 2000–2002 — Political editor, New Statesman
- 2002–present — Columnist and political interviewer, The Guardian
- "findmypast.co.uk". search.findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Ms Jackie Ashley Authorised Biography | Debrett's People of Today". debretts.co.uk. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- Vallely, Paul (14 May 2005). "Andrew Marr: relentless rise of Renaissance man". The Independent. Retrieved 6 September 2010.
- Sally Weale "Journalist Jackie Ashley takes over as president of Lucy Cavendish College", The Guardian, 21 November 2014
- Jackie Ashley "Caring for my stroke victim husband Andrew Marr changed my life", The Guardian, 1 August 2013
- Jackie Ashley's articles in The Guardian
- Jackie Ashley on Twitter
- Jackie Ashley at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|