||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
|Birth name||Jackie James Barnes|
|Born||4 February 1986|
|Instruments||drums, percussion, Keyboards|
|Associated acts||Jimmy Barnes
The Ten Tenors
Jackie Barnes is a Thai Australian musician. He has been performing since the age of five and has appeared on almost a dozen albums since 1990. He is currently the drummer in father Jimmy Barnes' band. He is also currently touring with renowned group The Ten Tenors and completed their World Tour 2013.
Born in Sydney on 4 February 1986, he was the third child of Barnes and his wife Jane and their first and only son. His half-brother is Jimmy Barnes' oldest child, singer and actor David Campbell. Jackie Barnes was born while his father was touring the U.S. with ZZ Top and named after Soul singer Jackie Wilson. Within days of his birth, his mother took him and his sisters to America to join their father on tour.
When he was four, he joined older sisters Mahalia and Eliza-Jane for the recording sessions of their father's Two Fires album. Their voices are among the children's choir that features on the track "When Your Love is Gone".
From the age of five he formed part of the children's singing group the Tin Lids (after Glaswegian rhyming slang for "kids") with sisters Elly-May, Eliza-Jane and Mahalia. The Tin Lids recorded three albums between 1991 and 1994, all of which achieved platinum sales. They were also each nominated for an ARIA Award for Best Children's Album.
After finishing high school, Barnes began touring with "The Jimmy Barnes Band". In 2005, Barnes won the position of drummer and backing vocalist in that same band. He recorded the song "Same Woman" as a duet with father on the 2005 album Double Happiness that topped the ARIA charts. Since then he has been able to work with artists including his uncles John Swan and Diesel, Keith Urban, Jonathan Cain, Neal Schon, Steve Morse, Joe Bonamassa, Andrew Roachford and Glenn Hughes to name a few.
In 2010 he graduated with a Bachelor of Music  majoring in drum performance at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.. At Berklee he had been able to study with the likes of Kenwood Dennard, Eguie Castrillo, Rod Morgenstein and Dave DiCenso.
Jackie recorded the drums on the 2007 Jimmy Barnes album Out In The Blue as well as on the DVD Max Sessions- Live At The Sydney Opera House and then in 2008 he played drums on the Jimmy Barnes Live At The Enmore DVD.
- Hey Rudolph - Vocals
- Snakes And Ladders - Vocals
- Dinosaur Dreaming - Vocals
- Two Fires - B/Vocals
- Love And Fear - B/Vocals
- Double Happiness - Vocals, B/Vocals, Drums and Percussions
- Live in London - Drums and Keyboards
- Live in Concert - Drums and B/Vocals
- "50 Boxset" - Drums/Percussion/Vocals/Piano
- "In The Heat Of The Night" - Drums/Vocals
- Out In The Blue - Drums, Piano and B/Vocals
- "EasyFever" - Drums
- "Max Sessions- Live at the Sydney Opera House" - Drums
- "Live at The Enmore Theatre" - Drums
- "Rage and Ruin" - Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals, Songwriting
- Coathanger Antennae - Percussions
- Nick Hardcastle - Drums
The 12th Man
- Boned! - Vocals
- Live at the Basement - Drums and B/Vocals
- Follow Me - Drums and Percussions
- There And Back - Backing Vocals
- "School" - Vocals
- "Walk The Dinosaur" - Vocals
- "When Your Love Is Gone" - B/Vocals
- "Bird On a Wire" - Percussion
- "Out of Time" - Percussion
- "Out In The Blue" - Drums
- "Blue Hotel" - Drums/Percussion/Piano
Jimmy Barnes & Mahalia Barnes
- "Gonna Take Some Time" - Percussions
- "Flesh & Wood" - Vocals
- "Barnes Hits" - Vocals
- "Karaoke" - Vocals/Drums/Percussion
- "Max Sessions- Live At The Sydney Opera House" - Drums/Percussion
- "Live At The Enmore" - Drums/Percussion