||This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (October 2014)|
After graduating from Georgetown University, Schaffer began her career in entertainment as an assistant at Endeavor. After working as a Creative Executive at Warner Bros. in Theatrical Production, she served as vice president of development and production at Working Title Films during the making of High Fidelity, Bridget Jones' Diary and Oh Brother Where Art Thou?.
In 2001 she segued into producing, acquiring and developing the films Old School and Up In the Air, as well as producing Disturbia, Trailer Park Boys: The Movie,Eurotrip and television pilots for CBS and Fox. The League is her first foray into writing, working with her husband and partner on the series, Jeff Schaffer.
- EuroTrip (2004) (producer)
- Trailer Park Boys: The Movie (executive producer 2006)
- Disturbia (2007) (producer)
- Worst Enemy (2010) (executive producer)
- The League (45 episodes as executive producer and writer 2009-2012, 5 as director 2010-2012)
- Jackie Marcus Schaefer at the Internet Movie Database
- Profile of Jackie Shaffer in Harper's Bazaar
- The League – Series Creators Jeff and Jackie Schaffer Talk Season Two!, Eclipse Magazine, December 15, 2010
- For the creators of 'The League' art hilariously imitates life, Digital Journal, October 12, 2012
- Schaffers deliver baby, ‘League’ season, Tribune Chronicle, October 12, 2012
- The League' Creators on 'Terrible Things' That Inspire Them (Q&A), The Hollywood Reporter, December 7, 2012