|Born||Jacqueline M. Labofish
November 29, 1921
Washington, D.C., United States
|Spouse(s)||Frank Stallone (August 1945 – April 1957; 2 children)
Anthony Filiti (1959–?; 1 child; divorced)
Stephen Marcus Levine (1998-)
Toni D'Alto (deceased)
Jacqueline M. "Jackie" Stallone (née Labofish; born November 29, 1921) is an American astrologer, former dancer, and promoter of women's wrestling. She is the mother of the actor Sylvester Stallone and singer Frank Stallone. She is also the mother of actress Toni D'Alto (by her ex-husband Anthony Filiti) and the grandmother of Sage Stallone. Toni died of lung cancer on August 26, 2012 at the age of 48.
Stallone was born Jacqueline M. Labofish in Washington, D.C., United States, the daughter of a French socialite, Jeanne Victoria Anne "Adrienne" (née Clerec), and a prominent attorney, John Labofish. Her paternal grandparents, Rose (née Lamlec) and Charles Labofisz, were immigrants from Odessa, in the Russian Empire (in present-day Ukraine). Her French mother was born in Brest (Brittany) in 1901. Her family lived with Charles Atlas who was a world famous body builder and trained the family in gymnastics, weight lifting and jogging. Jacqueline was the first woman to have a daily TV show on exercise and weight lifting in Washington, D.C. and later opened a gym for women-only, named Barbella's, for her loyal fans. During her youth, Stallone was a trapeze artist in a circus and a chorus girl in a nightclub. She was also a hairdresser. Her famous son Sylvester's father is Italian American Frank Stallone, Sr. She lived a relatively quiet life for most of her years. Even after Sylvester starred in the film Rocky in 1976 she remained unknown to the general public.
Stallone appeared on the 1980s wrestling program GLOW: Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. Stallone was shown rapping with Americana, Mt. Fiji and Susie Spirit behind her. She rapped about Aunt Kittie's girls and making them kitty litter. Stallone became famous in her own right during the mid-1990s, by publishing astrology books, making television appearances, and setting up a psychic hotline where she would charge telephone callers for advice from her and other operators. She also invented the term rumpology, which, according to her, is an art similar to that of palm reading except that the procedure is done by examining pictures of people's rear ends. She also claims that she can consult dogs to find out about the future. She also became involved in the cosmetics industry, launching facial masks and other products that she claimed cured skin problems.
On May 21, 1992, Stallone appeared on The Howard Stern Show and engaged in a heated on-air argument with Sylvester's dad, Frank Stallone Sr. She accused him of being horrible in bed and wanting to have Sylvester aborted. She said that she faked the abortion and that Frank did not know about it until she gave birth.
In January 2005, she appeared in the UK TV series Celebrity Big Brother as a "surprise" contestant. She was brought onto the show to create tension within the "house", as her former daughter-in-law Brigitte Nielsen, with whom she notoriously did not get along, was also a contestant. Stallone was the first contestant voted out by viewers after spending four days in the house.
- “I was the only astrologer to forecast Bush-Jr’s victory during the presidential election. I was the only one to forecast that the margin would make up only 200 votes; none of the astrologers did, but I was correct. It is impossible to make mistakes in forecasts, because any mistakes can ruin the credibility of the astrologer. However, I sometimes run such risks.”
In popular culture
In 1994, Jackie Stallone was parodied in a Saturday Night Live skit in which Janeane Garofalo played Stallone. Stallone advertised a psychic hotline telling of her two sons "Sylvester, the famous star and Frank, a struggling musician". Stallone encouraged customers to call so she could steer them away from the "Frank", or negativity in their lives, and on their way to success and "Sylvester".
Her appearance on Celebrity Big Brother 3 was parodied in French and Saunders, with Dawn French playing Stallone and Jennifer Saunders playing Bridgette Nielsen. They parodied Jackie's entrance into the house, with French repeating "Yeah, Jackie" and Saunders repeating "Oh my god, Jackie".
- "Read Jacqueline Stallone's Amazing Biography!". Jacquelinestallone.com. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- Sylverster Stallone Family Tree at geneanet.org
- Stewart, Will (April 11, 2009). "Rambo-ski - Hollywood star Sylvester Stallone's Russian secret". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- "Incredible: Is It Stallone or Rabinovich?". Pravda. September 30, 2002.
- Bunder, Leslie; Westbrook, Caroline (January 18, 2005), SJ Super 7, Something Jewish, retrieved 2011-10-26
- "Stamp me Jewish". Asia Africa Intelligence Wire. September 13, 2002.
- Coquil, Alain (October 6, 2009). "Stallone est de Brest " même " !". Le Télégramme de Brest. (French)
- Video on YouTube
- Video on YouTube