|Born||Jacqueline Ann Woodburne
5 February 1956
Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
|Known for||Neighbours, Prisoner|
Woodburne was born in Carrickfergus, County Antrim, Northern Ireland. Her father was a member of the Royal Ulster Constabulary. She has two older siblings: John and Stephen. At age three she emigrated with her family to Australia. The family assumed that her father would be able to join the Australian police on arrival, but, owing to various rules and regulations, he was unable to do so.  Woodburne grew up in Frankston, Victoria and attended Forest Hill Primary School, Monterey Secondary College, and Karingal High School.
Alongside future Neighbours castmate Janet Andrewartha, Woodburne attended the National Theatre Drama School and graduated in 1980. Following her graduation, Woodburne played Josie in the mini-series Outbreak of Love. In 1990, she auditioned for the role of Pippa Fletcher in Home and Away, but lost out to her good friend Debra Lawrance.
Woodburne is best known for two long-running soap opera roles. The first was Julie "Chook" Egbert in Prisoner, a role she played from 1985 to 1986. (The poem read by Julie in episode 582 of Prisoner was penned by Woodburne herself.) This was followed by the role of Susan Kennedy in Neighbours, a role she has played since 1994.
Other soap opera roles include a brief appearance in Sons and Daughters playing Patricia Dunne in a flashback, A Country Practice, and The Young Doctors where she played Maggie Gordon from 1980 to 1981.
In 2014 she became the lead in Night Terrace, a narrative comedy audio series in which she told TVTonight she plays "basically a female Doctor Who". The series was crowd-funded by the people behind the Splendid Chaps podcast and released at the end of 2014. Woodburne appeared in a documentary special celebrating Neighbours ' 30th anniversary titled Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite, which aired in Australia and the UK in March 2015.
- Neighbours: The Perfect Blend | Jackie Woodburne
- Archer, Neil (3 January 2009). "Dawn rider". Goldcoast.com.au. Retrieved 21 November 2010.[dead link]
- "Jackie hasn't found Mr Right in real life". The Weekly News. 21 February 1998.
- "Jackie Woodburne". Frankston City. Retrieved 21 November 2010.[dead link]
- Gadd, Michael (4 June 2004). "The woman next door". The Newcastle Herald (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Jackie Woodburne, time travelling, zombies and Erinsborough | TV Tonight
- Knox, David (28 February 2015). "Airdate: Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite". TV Tonight. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (4 March 2015). "Neighbours 30th anniversary schedule confirmed by Channel 5". Digital Spy. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Jackie Woodburne at the Internet Movie Database
- Jackie Woodburne as Susan Kinski
- Night Terrace website
|This article about an Australian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|