25 December 1984 |
He studied in St.Teresa’s High School and used to accompany his father on the sets of many movies. Post schooling, he chose to acquire a Degree in Commerce from H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai.
Jackky started his film career as an assistant producer for "Out of Control" (2003), "Shaadi No. 1" (2005) and "Silsilay" (2005). In 2009, he managed to sign his first film as an actor with his father Vashu Bhagnani as the producer. In preparation for his debut, he lost 60 kg in less than two years, working hard to achieve a lean look. The film was titled Kal Kissne Dekha. Jackky went on a road tour with Lara Dutta and Vaishali Desai to promote the film and performed in Indore at his father's "Kal Kissne Dekha Golden Nites" concerts. The film managed to do well amongst the public audiences, however was panned by critics, and did below average business at the box office. Jackky's performance as a young intellect with the ability to see the future received positive response from critics and audiences.
In April 2011, he starred in F.A.L.T.U. The film took place in India, and was based on the Indian educational system. F.A.L.T.U received mixed to positive response, and hit an above average verdict, which made it become Jackky's first successful film.
In 2012, Jackky appeared as the main lead in Ajab Gazabb Love, opposite Nidhi Subbaiah and Arjun Rampal amongst others. The film and Bhagnani's performance received generally mixed to negative response from critics and the public. Currently, Jackky is shooting Youngistaan.
|2009||Kal Kissne Dekha||Nihal Singh||Winner, IIFA Star Debut Award |
|2012||Ajab Gazabb Love||Rajveer|
|2013||Shooting Star Productions Next||Pre-Production|
- "Newcomer Jackky Bhagnani shed 60 kilos for Bollywood debut". Hindustan Times. 2009-02-02.
- "B-town goes from flab to fab". Hindustan Times. 2009-04-28.
- "New releases may end up in single theatres". The Economic Times. 2009-05-06.
- Ahmed, Afsana; Sharma, Smrity (2009-05-18). "Livewire Vashu plans live shows for next film". Times of India.
- "Multiplexes mull distribution". Screen India. 2009-05-15.
- "'F.A.L.T.U' is not a dance film: Jackky". Times of India. 2010-06-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jackky Bhagnani.|