Jackson Center, Ohio
|Jackson Center, Ohio|
|— Village —|
|State Route 65) from the intersection with Pike Street (State Route 274)|
|• Mayor||Scott Klopfenstein|
|• Total||1.69 sq mi (4.38 km2)|
|• Land||1.68 sq mi (4.35 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||1,025 ft (313 m)|
|• Estimate (2011)||1,460|
|• Density||870.2/sq mi (336.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1065697|
Jackson Center is a village in Shelby County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,462 at the 2010 census. Since 1952, Jackson Center has been the home of the popular Airstream travel trailers and motor homes.
Jackson Center is located at (40.440067, -84.039414).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.69 square miles (4.38 km2), of which, 1.68 square miles (4.35 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
- Scott Klopenstein - Mayor
- Bruce Metz - Village Administrator
- Joseph Cotterman - Chief of Police
- Village Council
- Ken Gloyeske
- Larry Wahrer
- Karen Woodruff
- Leisha Elchert
- Jesse Fark
- James Frye
- William Reichert - Superintendent of Schools
The median income for a household in the village was $45,236. About 10.3% of the population were below the poverty line.
 2010 census
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,462 people, 576 households, and 404 families residing in the village. The population density was 870.2 inhabitants per square mile (336.0 /km2). There were 644 housing units at an average density of 383.3 per square mile (148.0 /km2). The racial makeup of the village was 98.1% White, 0.1% Asian, 0.6% from other races, and 1.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.7% of the population.
There were 576 households out of which 36.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.0% were married couples living together, 10.2% had a female householder with no husband present, 6.9% had a male householder with no wife present, and 29.9% were non-families. 26.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.54 and the average family size was 3.05.
The median age in the village was 35.7 years. 29.7% of residents were under the age of 18; 5.9% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 27.9% were from 25 to 44; 23% were from 45 to 64; and 13.6% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the village was 49.9% male and 50.1% female.
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Census Viewer
- Census Information on Jackson Center, Ohio
- Official Village Website
- Jackson Center Local Schools