Jackson Township, Brown County, Indiana
Location of Jackson Township in Brown County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||62.38 sq mi (161.6 km2)|
|• Land||61.39 sq mi (159.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.99 sq mi (2.6 km2)|
|Elevation||702 ft (214 m)|
|• Density||65.2/sq mi (25.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453433|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 62.38 square miles (161.6 km2), of which 61.39 square miles (159.0 km2) (or 98.41%) is land and 0.99 square miles (2.6 km2) (or 1.59%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Hamblen (east)
- Washington (south)
- Benton Township, Monroe County (west)
- Hensley Township, Johnson County (northeast)
- Washington Township, Morgan County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Georgetown and Lanam.
- "Jackson Township, Brown County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Morgan, Monroe and Brown, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 734.