Jackson Township, Clay County, Indiana
Location of Jackson Township in Clay County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.68 sq mi (92.4 km2)|
|• Land||35.09 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.59 sq mi (1.5 km2)|
|Elevation||623 ft (190 m)|
|• Density||78.1/sq mi (30.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453436|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.68 square miles (92.4 km2), of which 35.09 square miles (90.9 km2) (or 98.35%) is land and 0.59 square miles (1.5 km2) (or 1.65%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Brazil (southeast quarter)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Van Buren Township (north)
- Washington Township, Putnam County (northeast)
- Cass Township (east)
- Washington Township (southeast)
- Sugar Ridge Township (south)
- Perry Township (southwest)
- Posey Township (west)
- Brazil Township (northwest)
The township contains five cemeteries: Kealber, Neidlinger, Poplar, Wesley Chapel and Zenor.
- "Jackson Township, Clay County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 83.