Jackson Township, Crawford County, Ohio
|Jackson Township, Crawford County, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||10.3 sq mi (26.7 km2)|
|• Land||10.3 sq mi (26.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,152 ft (351 m)|
|• Density||533.0/sq mi (205.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085939|
Jackson Township is one of the sixteen townships of Crawford County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 5,487 people in the township, 402 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Vernon Township - north
- Sharon Township, Richland County - northeast
- Sandusky Township, Richland County - southeast
- Polk Township - south
- Jefferson Township - west
Most of the village of Crestline is located in central Jackson Township.
Name and history 
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Crawford County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.