Jackson Township, Greene County, Indiana
Location in Greene County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||49.04 sq mi (127.0 km2)|
|• Land||48.99 sq mi (126.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.10%|
|Elevation||692 ft (211 m)|
|• Density||39.7/sq mi (15.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453445|
|Source: US Census Bureau|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 49.04 square miles (127.0 km2), of which 48.99 square miles (126.9 km2) (or 99.90%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.10%) is water. The streams of Cole Branch, Dry Branch, Little Indian Creek, Miller Creek, Mitchell Branch and Town Branch run through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Center Township (north)
- Indian Creek Township, Monroe County (northeast)
- Perry Township, Lawrence County (east)
- Indian Creek Township, Lawrence County (southeast)
- Mitcheltree Township, Martin County (south)
- Perry Township, Martin County (southwest)
- Taylor Township (west)
- Richland Township (northwest)
The township contains eleven cemeteries: Cooper, Dishman, Duke, Freeman, Holder, Howell, Miller, Robison, Rush, Wagoner and Walker.
- "Jackson Township, Greene County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Greene County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|