Jackson Township, Huntington County, Indiana
Location in Huntington County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.85 sq mi (95.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.41 sq mi (94.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.44 sq mi (1.1 km2) 1.19%|
|Elevation||784 ft (239 m)|
|• Density||111/sq mi (43/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453450|
Jackson Township was organized in 1841.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.85 square miles (95.4 km2), of which 36.41 square miles (94.3 km2) (or 98.81%) is land and 0.44 square miles (1.1 km2) (or 1.19%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Jefferson Township, Whitley County (north)
- Aboite Township, Allen County (northeast)
- Lafayette Township, Allen County (east)
- Union Township, Wells County (southeast)
- Union Township (south)
- Huntington Township (southwest)
- Clear Creek Township (west)
- Washington Township, Whitley County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: France and Union.
Airports and landing strips
- Fisher Farm Airport
- The Wolf Den Airport
- "Jackson Township, Huntington County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Huntington County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. p. 638.