Jackson Township, Paulding County, Ohio
|Jackson Township, Paulding County, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||36.8 sq mi (95.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.8 sq mi (95.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||722 ft (220 m)|
|• Density||51.3/sq mi (19.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086774|
Jackson Township is one of the twelve townships of Paulding County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,886 people in the township, 847 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Emerald Township - north
- Auglaize Township - northeast
- Brown Township - east
- Washington Township - southeast corner
- Latty Township - south
- Blue Creek Township - southwest corner
- Paulding Township - west
- Crane Township - northwest corner
It is one of two county townships (the other being Paulding Township) without a border on any other county.
Name and history 
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Paulding County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.