Jackson Township, Wyandot County, Ohio
|Jackson Township, Ohio|
Location of Jackson Township in Wyandot County
|• Total||27.1 sq mi (70.2 km2)|
|• Land||27.1 sq mi (70.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||902 ft (275 m)|
|• Density||23.7/sq mi (9.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087206|
Jackson Township is one of the thirteen townships of Wyandot County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 643 people in the township, 511 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Richland Township - north
- Salem Township - northeast corner
- Mifflin Township - east
- Marseilles Township - southeast
- Goshen Township, Hardin County - southwest
- Jackson Township, Hardin County - west
Part of the village of Kirby is located in northeastern Jackson Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Wyandot County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.