Jacob's Ladder (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jacob's Ladder is a "ladder to heaven", described by biblical Jacob in the Book of Genesis
Jacob's Ladder may also refer to:
- A set of stairs between Military Road and Royal Parade in Ramsgate, Kent, England
- A set of stone steps down to the lowest bridge at the waterfalls at Devil's Bridge, Ceredigion, Wales
- Jacob's Ladder Beach, in Sidmouth, Devon, England
- A scenic path in Cheddar Gorge in Somerset, England
- A scenic path on Kinder Scout in Derbyshire, England
- A path on Wenlock Edge at Eaton-under-Heywood, Shropshire, England
- A hillside stairway between Jamestown, Saint Helena (British territory in the South Atlantic Ocean) and Half Tree Hollow
- U.S. Route 20 as it crosses the Berkshire Hills between the towns of Chester and Lee in western Massachusetts
- A set of stairs and the associated Jacobs Ladder Bridge between Westhaven and Saint Marys Bay, in Auckland, New Zealand
- A set of 279 stairs in Saint Clair, in Dunedin, New Zealand
- A set of stairs from Mounts Bay Road to Kings Park, Western Australia
- A set of 111 steps in Falmouth, Cornwall
- A trestle on the Mount Washington Cog Railway, New Hampshire
- A set of steps up the side of Castle Hill, Queensland, Australia
- A rope ladder
- "Jacob's Ladder" (Huey Lewis and the News song), a 1987 song written by Bruce Hornsby, initially recorded by Huey Lewis and the News, and subsequently also by Hornsby
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Rush, on the album Permanent Waves
- "Jacob's Ladder (Not in My Name)", a song by Chumbawamba, on the album Readymades
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by The Monochrome Set
- "Jacob's Ladder" (Mark Wills song), a 1996 song by Mark Wills, on his self-titled debut album
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Converge, on the album Unloved and Weeded Out
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Patrick Wolf, on the album Wind in the Wires
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Fucked Up, on the album Hidden World
- Die Jakobsleiter, an opera by Arnold Schoenberg
- "We Are Climbing Jacob's Ladder", a spiritual/gospel/folk song
- Die Jakobsleiter (early 1920s), an unfinished oratorio by Austrian composer Arnold Schoenberg
- "The Dream of Jacob", a 1974 orchestral work by Krzysztof Penderecki
- The 2005 song "The Autumn Effect" by 10 Years makes reference to climbing Jacob's Ladder
- The title "Jacob's Ladder" might describe:
- Multiple recordings from 1920 on of the spiritual "We Are Climbing Jacob's Ladder"
- A 1980 song by Rush
- A 1985 song by The Monochrome Set
- A 1986 song by Huey Lewis and the News
- A 1988 song by Bruce Hornsby and the Range
- A 1996 song by Mark Wills
- A 1997 song by The Panacea
- A 2000 song by Jane Siberry
- A 2002 song by Chumbawamba
- A 2002 song by Converge
- A 2002 song by Dreadlock Pussy
- A 2005 song by Patrick Wolf
- A 2006 song by Fucked Up
- A 2006 song by Chimp Spanner
- A 2009 song by Mumford & Sons
- A 2009 song by Tech N9ne, Prozak, and Big Krizz Kaliko titled "Run Away"
- A 2010 song by T.I. and Chris Brown titled ""Get Back Up mentions Jacobs Ladder
- A 2011 song by Mark Lanegan titled "Burning Jacob's Ladder" and featured in the video game RAGE
- A 2012 song by mewithoutYou titled "Nine Stories"
- A 2012 song by Dodecahedron titled "Descending Jacob's Ladder"
- Jacob's Ladder, a 1990 thriller/horror film
- In Mega Man X8, a plan to build a space elevator between the Moon and Earth is called the "Jakob Project"
- In the game Alpha Protocol the first mission is called Operation Jacob's Ladder
- The game Dear Esther features a story leading to speculations whether this might be a reference to Jacob's Ladder
- In the game Starcraft, a multiplayer map with the same name, selected in 1998 as Blizzard's Map of the Week.
- In the Animal Crossing series, Jacob's Ladders appear as flowers in perfect towns. However, their appearance actually is of the Lily of the Valley.
- Ladder of Jacob, a pseudepigraphic text of the Old Testament
- High voltage traveling arc, an electrical effect, classic in cinematic portrayal of laboratories
- Crepuscular rays shining down a hole in the clouds
- Jacob's Ladder (novel), a 1998 novel of Civil War Virginia by Donald McCaig
- Jacob's ladder (nautical), specialized ladders used at sea, especially a rope ladder with wooden steps for ascending from the deck to the rigging
- Jacob's ladder (toy), a folk toy consisting of blocks on strings that, when held at one end, appear to cascade down the strings
- Jacob's ladder (knife), a three-part pocket knife
- Jacob's Ladder (ropes course), a ladder made of eight logs of gradually increasing height
- "Jacob's Ladder", a string figure pattern (children's game)
- "A Ladder to Heaven", a 2002 South Park episode
- Polemonium, a genus of flowering plants, with common names "Jacob's Ladder" and "Abscess root"
- Jacob's ladder (manifold), a noncompact surface in mathematics
- Colloquial name for the UK Beef cut of thin rib
- the Jacob's Ladder or Frenum piercing, a kind of male genital piercing
- Jacob's ladder surface in mathematics
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.