Jacob A. Kohler
|Jacob Adams Kohler|
|18th Ohio Attorney General|
January 11, 1886 – January 9, 1888
|Preceded by||James Lawrence|
|Succeeded by||David K. Watson|
|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the Summit County district
January 7, 1884 – January 3, 1886
|Preceded by||John Park Alexander|
|Succeeded by||Frank M. Green|
August 15, 1835|
|Died||March 15, 1916
|Resting place||Glendale Cemetery, Akron|
|Spouse(s)||Frances H. Coburn|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jacob A. Kohler.|
Kohler was born August 15, 1835 at Reading, Pennsylvania. When he was four months old, his family moved to Franklin Township, Summit County, Ohio. He received a public education and went to Lodi Academy. In 1859, he was admitted to the bar, and served as Prosecuting Attorney of Summit County two terms. His first law partner was Sidney Edgerton. Kohler married Frances H. Coburn May 16, 1860, and had two sons.
In 1883 he was elected to the Ohio House of Representatives for the Sixty-sixth General Assembly. In 1885 he was elected Ohio Attorney General. In 1895, he was elected a Common Pleas Court Judge.
- Smith 1898 Volume I : 515
- Lane, Samuel A. (1892). Fifty years and over of Akron and Summit County. Akron: Beacon Job Department. p. 267.
- Marvin, U. L. (1916). Reports ... Proceedings of the annual meeting of the Association ...., 37. Ohio State Bar Association. pp. 189–192.
- Ohio 1917 : 299
- 1885: Kohler 360,802 James Lawrence 341,762 from Smith 1898 Volume I : 512
- Ohio General Assembly (1917). Manual of legislative practice in the General Assembly. State of Ohio.
- Smith, Joseph P, ed. (1898). History of the Republican Party in Ohio I. Chicago: the Lewis Publishing Company.
- Jacob A. Kohler at Find a Grave