|— Gymnast —|
Dalton in London, 2012
|Full name||Jacob Dalton|
|Country represented||United States|
|Born||August 19, 1991|
|Discipline||Men's artistic gymnastics|
|Level||International Senior Elite|
|College team||University of Oklahoma|
|Head coach(es)||Mark Williams|
|Assistant coach(es)||Rustam Sharipov, Daniel Furney|
|Former coach(es)||Andrew Pileggi, Wanda Fredericks|
Jacob "Jake" Dalton (born August 19, 1991) is an American gymnast and member of the University of Oklahoma Gymnastics and the U.S. National Team. He grew up in Reno, Nevada, the son of Tim and Denise Dalton. He represented the United States at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
Dalton attended Spanish Springs High School while training at Gym Nevada under coach, Andrew Pileggi. After graduating, he won an NCAA scholarship to compete for the University of Oklahoma in 2009 where he has earned All-America honors, as well as winning the NCAA men's gymnastics floor and vault titles in 2011. He was the U.S. National Vault champion in 2009 and 2011, and the Floor Champion in 2011 and the All-Around Gold medalist of the Winter Cup Challenge in 2011.
He was a member of the USA team that won the Bronze medal in the 2011 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Tokyo, Japan. It was announced on July 1, 2012 that Dalton would be a member of the 2012 Olympic team. The New York Times stated that the team roster is "considered so good that it could be the first United States men’s team to win gold since the 1984 Los Angeles Games." Dalton as part of the United States Gymanstic team placed fifth in the team competition in the 2012 London Olympic Games.
In 2013, Dalton won the bronze medal at the P&G National Championships en route to making the World Championships team. He went on the win a silver medal on floor exercise at 2013 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
- http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-gym/mtt/dalton_jacob00.html Jacob Dalton – University of Oklahoma profile
- http://usagym.org/pages/athletes/athleteListDetail.html?id=322928 USA Gymnastics Profile: Jacob Dalton
- Macur, Juliet. "Harboring High Hopes, U.S. Men’s Team Adds 3 Gymnasts for Olympics". The New York Times. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- Quinn, Sam. "Olympic Results 2012: US Men Gymnasts' Show in Team Final Is Huge Disappointment". TBS. Retrieved February 28, 2013.
- adidas Gymnastics announces Jake Dalton is all in! http://news.theelegantsports.com/2013/03/jake-is-all-in.html