|Jacob Lillyman playing for the New Zealand Warriors|
1 March 1984 |
Richmond, Queensland, Australia
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||104 kg (16 st 5 lb)|
|Position||Second-row, Prop, Lock|
Jacob Lillyman (born 1 March 1984 in Richmond, Queensland) is an Australian professional rugby league footaller, currently playing for the New Zealand Warriors in the National Rugby League. Lillyman formerly played in the second row, where he had appeared for Queensland in State of Origin. He is now considered a front row forward, a position he currently plays for the Warriors and Queensland. Lillyman has previously played for the North Queensland Cowboys.
Lillyman made his debut for the Cowboys in Round 22, 2003 against the Newcastle Knights. He then went on to play sixty two games for the club, showing good enough form to earn State of Origin selection.
In 2008 Lillyman was forced to leave the North Queensland Cowboys due to salary-cap pressures. His career playing for the Cowboys ended prematurely when he suffered a season-ending injury in Round 15, playing against the Melbourne Storm.
In June, 2008 it was announced he had signed a two-year deal with the New Zealand Warriors. He joined a strong Queensland contingent at the club, including former Cowboys Nathan Fien and Micheal Luck and well as fellow State representatives Steve Price and Brent Tate Who went to the cowboys in 2010. Lillyman has re-signed for the Warriors until the end of the 2013 season.
Lillyman made his State of Origin debut for Queensland on Wednesday 14 June 2006 coming off the bench in the 53rd minute. Lillyman was recalled to the Queensland State of Origin team for the first match on the 2011 series.
In the week leading up to Game II of the 2013 State of Origin series, it was announced that Lillyman would replace injured Sydney Roosters forward Martin Kennedy as the 18th man for Queensland in the next game of the series, marking his return to representative football.
Lillyman played for Queensland in Game two and three of the 2014 State of Origin series.
- Jacob Lillyman rugbyleagueproject.org
- "Lillyman set to quit Cowboys". Fox Sports. 2008-05-30. Retrieved 2008-05-30.
- "SportingPulse Homepage for Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League". SportingPulse. Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- 'Devastated' Lillyman accepts fate AAP, 26 June 2008
- "Warriors sign Origin backrower". Stuff.co.nz. 19 June 2008. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- "2009 NRL Player Movements". NRL Live. 2008-10-04. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- Jessup, Peter (20 June 2008). "League: Warriors still in hunt for quality". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- Jacob Lillyman coup for Warriors Courier Mail, 18 June 2008
- Kilgallon, Steve (29 May 2011). "Jacob Lillyman leads way for NZ Warriors". The Press. Retrieved 6 October 2011.