|No. 00 – FC Barcelona|
November 10, 1989 |
|Nationality||Georgian / American|
|Listed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Proviso East (Maywood, Illinois)|
|College||Kansas State (2007–2011)|
|Pro playing career||2011–present|
|2011–2012||Angelico Biella (Italy)|
|2012–2013||Hapoel Jerusalem (Israel)|
|2013||Virtus Bologna (Italy)|
|2013–present||FC Barcelona (Spain)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jacob Everse Pullen (born November 10, 1989) is an American professional basketball player at the point guard position for FC Barcelona of the ACB League. He played for the Kansas State Wildcats. Pullen has both American and Georgian citizenship. He is also a member of Georgia national basketball team.
In his college debut against Sacramento State, Pullen scored 18 points on 7-of-11 shooting and ended up scoring in double figures in eight of his first ten games. He has been a large part of Kansas State's renewed success over the last few years. As a freshman, he was one of just three players who appeared in all 33 games. Alongside Michael Beasley, he helped upset #2 Kansas with a season-high 20 points, going 10-for-10 from the free throw line.
In the 2008–09 season, Pullen was one of only two players to start all 34 games for the Wildcats (Luis Colon was the other). He notched his career best of 38 points against Kansas on Feb. 14, 2011. He recorded at least one steal in 27 games the 2009 season and had at least one three-pointer in 29 games.
Pullen continued his strong play into 2010, leading Kansas State to a 26–6 overall record (11–5, Big 12) thus far in his junior season, with wins at Dayton, at UNLV, at Alabama, against Xavier, and against then undefeated, number 1-ranked Texas. Playing under coach Frank Martin, Pullen led Kansas state to the Big-12 Tournament Championship game. Pullen, the Wildcats leading scorer, is averaging 19.1 points per game. He has already climbed into the top ten in numerous categories on Kansas State's all-time lists. Kansas State fans began using the unofficial slogan "Fear the Beard" as an homage to Pullen, who had not shaved since August.
Along with backcourt mate Denis Clemente, Pullen has received many accolades for his part in the turnaround in K-State's basketball fortunes in recent years. In 2009–2010, Pullen and Clemente have combined for the third-highest points-per-game by any guard tandem in school history, at almost 35 combined points. They trail only the combo of Mike Evans and Chuckie Williams (who averaged more in both the 1974–75, and 1975–76 seasons) in the K-State record books. The two lead the Wildcats to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament before eventually losing to Butler. Jacob Pullen won all Big-12 team that year.
As a senior, Pullen and the Cats lost to Wisconsin in the third round and he was named a Fourth Team All-American by Fox Sports Pullen went undrafted in the 2011 NBA draft. Pullen is the All Time Scoring Leader in the history of Kansas State University Men's Basketball.
Virtus Pallacanestro Bologna
In August, 2012, Pullen was granted Georgian citizenship, which both increased his career options across Europe and allowed him to play for the Georgian national team in EuroBasket 2013. He began play with the team during EuroBasket qualification play in 2012.
- "Bio". Kstatesports.com. November 10, 1989. Retrieved March 22, 2010.[dead link]
- Jacob Pullen #0 G. "Player page". Sports.espn.go.com. Retrieved March 22, 2010.
- "Stats page". Collegebasketball.rivals.com. Retrieved March 22, 2010.
- Robinett, Kellis (December 16, 2009). "Jacob Pullen is K-State’s unquestioned leader". Kansas City Star. Retrieved January 25, 2010.[dead link]
- "Pullen's beard catching on", from the AP, via sportsillustrated.cnn.com. Retrieved January 19, 2010.
- "Cats Guards Form Dangerous Duo", wibw.com, January 18, 2010. Retrieved January 19, 2010.
- Goodman, Jeff (Mar 7, 2011). "Goodman's 2010-11 All-America teams". Fox Sports (Fox Sports Interactive Media). Retrieved June 21, 2011.
- Angelico Biella announces rookie Jacob Pullen
- "Hapoel Jerusalem officially signs Jacob Pullen". Sportando.net. August 31, 2012. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- "Virtus Bologna officially signs Jacob Pullen". Sportando.net. March 15, 2013. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- "FC Barcelona officially signs Jacob Pullen". Sportando.net. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Jacob Pullen Granted Georgian Citizenship, Will Play As Bosman". RealGM.com. August 7, 2012. Retrieved August 31, 2012.