|Education||University of Southern California Law School
Georgetown University LL.M.
|Known for||International taxation and
asset protection expertise
Jacob Stein is a California attorney and an authority on the subject of international taxation and asset protection. He is an author of numerous books, scholarly articles and technical manuals. His textbooks on asset protection are used by Lorman Education Services, National Business Institute, California CPA Society, and the California CPA Education Foundation.
Stein is a frequent lecturer to various attorney, CPA and other professional groups, teaching over 50 seminars per year. His presentation topics include: A Foreigner’s Guide to Investing in U.S. Real Estate, Tax Planning for Cross-Border Joint Ventures, Planning with Controlled Foreign Corporations, Advanced Asset Protection Planning, Advanced Planning with Trusts, Sophisticated Estate Tax Planning and International Estate Planning. He often teaches legal courses on asset protection and advanced tax planning for the National Business Institute, Thomson Reuters, the Rossdale Group, Lorman Education Services, California CPA Education Foundation and California Bar groups. He also teaches an adjunct professor of taxation at the CSU, Northridge Graduate Tax Program.
Jacob Stein is a graduate of the University of Southern California Law School and Georgetown University LL.M. in Taxation program. He has been accredited by the State Bar of California as a California Certified Tax Law Specialist, is AV-rated (highest possible rating) by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named "A Super Lawyer" in the field of tax law by the Los Angeles Magazine.
- 2013 The Tax Guide to EB-5 Investment in the United States, EB 5 Investment Magazine
- 2013 The Use of Entities in Structuring Foreign Investment, Business Entities
- 2013 Tax Planning for Foreign Investment in California Real Estate, Los Angeles Lawyer
- 2012 Expand Choices by Creatively Unwinding Irrevocable Trusts, Estate Planning Journal
- 2011 Practical Primer and Radical Approach to Asset Protection, Estate Planning
- 2010 The Emotional Consequences of Asset Protection, Daily Journal
- 2010 Asset Protection, Robb Report
- 2010 McCourt Divorce Shines A Light on Asset Protection, Los Angeles Daily Journal
- 2010 Asset Protection May Risk Fraudulent Transfer Violations, Estate Planning
- 2008 California Registration Requirements for Foreign LLCs, California Tax Lawyer
- 2008 Tilting at Windmills, California's Treatment of Series LLCs, RIA's Business Entities Magazine
- 2007 Legal Strategies to Protect Your Properties, Real Estate Investor
- 2007 Asset Protection as a Line of Defense, Real Estate Southern California
- 2007 Asset Protection for Orthodontists, Orthodontic Products
- 2007 Asset Protection for Doctors, Plastic Surgery Products Magazine
- 2007 The Importance of Trusts in Asset Protection, California Trusts and Estates Quarterly
- 2006 A Practical Take on Charging Orders, RIA's Business Entities Magazine
- 2006 Advanced Asset Protection and Tax Planning with LLCs, Los Angeles Lawyer
- 2005 Planning With LLCs, California CPA
- 2003 Tax-Free Exchanges and Fractional Interests: TICs, Tax, Go!, Orange County Lawyer
- 2014 International Joint Ventures: A Concise Guide for Attorneys and Business Owners (Klueger & Stein)
- 2013 Everything You Need to Know About Trusts (Education Foundation)
- 2013 Asset Protection Planning (Education Foundation)
- 2013 Advanced Tax Planning Techniques (Education Foundation)
- 2011 A Lawyer's Guide to Asset Protection Planning in California (Klueger & Stein)
- 2011 Asset Protection for California Residents (Klueger & Stein)
He also wrote numerous technical white papers on asset protection, which serve as a basis for his textbooks.
- "California Bar Listing". Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- "The FBAR Form: The Government's Big Hammer". Lorman Education Services. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Fraudulent Asset Transfers/Conveyances". National Business Institute. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Seminars (Jacob Stein and Robert Klueger)". Retrieved September 9, 2010.
- Jacob Stein, Boldra Klueger & Stein. "2008 Asset Protection in a Troubled Economy". Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- "Northridge Graduate Tax Program". California State University. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Stein, Jacob (2011). A Lawyer's Guide to Asset Protection Planning in California. p. 80. ISBN 0-9839780-0-X.
- "Jacob Stein". Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Articles published by Jacob Stein and Bob Klueger". Retrieved September 9, 2010.
- Jacob Stein. "Asset Protection for Orthodontists". Retrieved September 9, 2010.
- Jacob Stein. "White Papers". Retrieved September 8, 2010.