From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Jacobites)
Not to be confused with Jacobin.
Jacobite may refer to:
- Israelites, as descendants of Jacob a.k.a. Israel.
- In ancient days, the term was used for the followers of faith propounded by a 6th-century Bishop Jacob Baradaeus.
- In Modern days, the following churches are called Jacobite Churches:
- Jacobite, a follower of Jacobitism, the political movement dedicated to the return of the Stuart kings to the thrones of England, Scotland and Ireland.
- Jacobite risings, a series of uprisings, rebellions, and wars in the British Isles occurring between 1688 and 1746
- Jacobite (dissenter), follower of Reverend Henry Jacob (1563–1624)
- One of the tribes in the Book of Mormon
- Jacobites (band), a British band featuring Nikki Sudden, Dave Kusworth and Epic Soundtracks
- The Jacobite (steam train), a train in Scotland
- Jacob (disambiguation)
- Jacobin (disambiguation)
- Jacobean (disambiguation)
- Jacobian matrix and determinant, in vector calculus
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jacobite.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.