Jacobs Engineering Group
|Traded as||NYSE: JEC
S&P 500 Component
|Founder(s)||Dr. Joseph J. Jacobs|
|Headquarters||155 North Lake Avenue
Pasadena, California, United States
|Key people||Craig L. Martin
(CEO and President)
(Chairman of the Board)
Noel G. Watson
|Employees||66,500 (FY 2013)|
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., is an international engineering, architecture, and construction firm with offices located around the world. As a publicly traded company with 60,000 employees and 2011 revenues of more than $10 billion, Jacobs offers support to industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets. In 2010, Jacobs was named by Forbes as one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies. Annual revenues have made Jacobs Engineering a Fortune 500 Company.
Jacobs was originally founded in 1947 by Joseph J. Jacobs as Jacobs Engineering Company following a stint at Chemurgic Corporation in Richmond, California. The company was both a consulting agency and a manufacturers' representative for makers of large-scale equipment in the processing industry. Jacobs relocated the firm to Pasadena in anticipation of the phenomenal growth that would soon occur in southern California.
Jacobs Engineering employs approximately 60,000 employees globally, and its acquisition of KlingStubbins added approximately 500 employees from the architectural firm's United States and Asia offices. Jacobs has more than 200 offices in more than 25 countries, with operations in North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Continental Europe, India, Australia, Africa, and Asia. It owns one-third of the Atomic Weapons Establishment, Aldermaston, UK.
Primary markets include: Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Industrial, Buildings, Chemicals and Polymers, Consumer and Forest Products, Energy, Environmental Programs, Infrastructure, Mining and Minerals, Oil and Gas, Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology, Refining, and Technology.
- Newsweek Top Greenest Companies
- List of United States companies
- Top 100 Contractors of the U.S. federal government
- "JACOBS ENGINEERING GROUP INC /DE/ 2013 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. November 22, 2013.
- "JACOBS ENGINEERING GROUP INC /DE/ 2014 Q2 Quarterly Report Form (10-Q)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. May 2, 2014.
- Coster, Helen. "Forbes 100 Most Trustworthy Companies". Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- "Jacobs Engineering Group - Fortune 500". money.cnn.com. 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- "Jacobs Engineering buys Philadelphia architectural firm".