Jacobs Engineering Group
|Traded as||NYSE: JEC
S&P 500 Component
|Founder||Dr. Joseph J. Jacobs|
|Headquarters||155 North Lake Avenue
Pasadena, California, United States
|Noel G. Watson
(Chairman of the Board)
Number of employees
|66,500 (FY 2014)|
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., is an international engineering, architecture, and construction firm with offices located around the world. As a publicly traded company with 66,000 employees and 2014 revenues of more than $12 billion, Jacobs offers support to industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets. In 2014, Jacobs was named by Forbes as one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies. Annual revenues have made Jacobs Engineering a Fortune 500 Company.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (May 2015)|
Jacobs was originally founded in 1947 by Joseph J. Jacobs as Jacobs Engineering Company following a stint at Chemurgic Corporation in Richmond, California. The company was both a consulting agency and a manufacturers' representative for makers of large-scale equipment in the processing industry. Jacobs relocated the firm to Pasadena in anticipation of the phenomenal growth that would soon occur in southern California.
In 1967, Jacobs opened its first satellite office in New Jersey.
In 1970, Jacobs stock was listed on the American Stock Exchange.
In 1989, Jacobs stock moved to the New York Stock Exchange. Also in that year, Jacobs passed the $1 billion mark in annual revenues.
In 2007, Jacobs had a two-for-one stock split.
Jacobs Engineering employs approximately 66,000 employees globally. Jacobs has more than 250 offices in more than 30 countries, with operations in North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa.
Craig L. Martin (born 1949) was the President, chief Executive Officer and Director of the Jacobs Engineering Group from 2006 until 2014.
- "JACOBS ENGINEERING GROUP INC /DE/ 2013 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. November 22, 2013.
- "JACOBS ENGINEERING GROUP INC /DE/ 2014 Q2 Quarterly Report Form (10-Q)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. May 2, 2014.
- Coster, Helen. "Forbes 100 Most Trustworthy Companies". Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- "Jacobs Engineering Group - Fortune 500". money.cnn.com. 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- "Jacobs Engineering CEO Craig Martin announces retirement, cites health reasons". Star Tribune. 23 November 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2014.