Early life and education
Before going to Texas, he was assistant professor at Princeton University.
According to citation counts, his most influential publication is his 1989 paper on conformal field theory in two dimensions. His earliest paper is Gauge Invariant Superstring Field Theory, co-authored with André LeClair and published in 1986 in Nuclear Physics B.
He has a blog Musings: Thoughts on Science, Computing, and Life on Earth, one of the first theoretical physics blogs in the world.
- A. LeClair and J. Distler, Gauge Invariant Superstring Field Theory, Nucl. Phys. B273 (1986) 552.
- J. Distler and H. Kawai, Conformal Field Theory and 2-D Quantum Gravity or Who's Afraid of Joseph Liouville?, Nucl. Phys. B321 (1989) 509.
- Faculty homepage
- Musings, the blog of Jacques Distler
- INSPIRE-HEP publication list
- Google-Scholar publication list, for some reason this gives slightly lower citation counts than INSPIRE, for example INSPIRE gives 907 citations for one paper while Google-Scholar gives a figure of 800
- Jacques Distler at the Mathematics Genealogy Project