From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1948: Born in Clermont
- 1971: Major in the contest for the Internat
- 1977: Doctor in surgery
- 1980: He obtained a chair professor at the Universities digestive surgery. He was only 33 years old.
- 1989 - 1992: Director of special education Visceral surgery at the Medical School of Strasbourg.
- 1989 - 1992: Vice President of the regional council of the Inserm.
- Since 1989: Head of digestive and endocrine surgery University Hospitals of Strasbourg.
- Since 1994: Founding Director of the IRCAD and the EITS
- On September 7, 2001, he made New York a world first in TeleSurgery operating in the gallbladder of a patient who was in Strasbourg. This was the Lindbergh Operation.
- Since 2002: Founding member of WeBSurg
- In March 2005, he participated, with prestigious colleagues: Pierre Chambon, Jean-Marie Lehn, Pascal Neuville and Charles Woler, the draft pole of competitiveness "Innovation Therapeutics", in the context of Alsace BioValley.
- On April 2, 2007, he is believed to be the first in the world to operate a person without leaving a scar, removing the gallbladder of a patient older than 30 years without making incision of the skin and through a natural orifice.