16 October 1981 |
|Spouse(s)||Jamie Allsopp (June 2012 to present)|
|Height||5 ft 11.5 in (1.82 m)|
|Measurements||32½-24-35 (US); 82-61-88 (EU)|
|Dress size||4 (US); 36 (EU)|
Jacquetta Wheeler (born 16 October 1981) is an English model. Her father, Stuart Wheeler, is an entrepreneur and political activist for the UK Independence Party, and mother Tessa is a photographer.
As a child, Wheeler lived a comfortable, affluent lifestyle with her family in England. At the age of fifteen, she was discovered by Italian fashion designer Stephan Jansen. Jansen asked Wheeler to go to Milan and appear in his fashion show. Later that year, she was stopped in England on her way to a salon by noted fashion photographer Mario Testino.
By the age of 17, Wheeler was on the cover of French Vogue and part of a Gucci advertisement campaign. Although she continued to go to school at The King's School, Canterbury—in Luxmoore House, where she was taught by Peter Brodie—Wheeler would often take off days to shoot for fashion companies, such as Calvin Klein, Prada, and The Gap.
In 1999, The Face magazine declared her the 'Model of the Millennium'. Designers have continued to embrace her androgynous, waif look. In 2002, The Sunday Times named her one of Britain's highest paid models. Wheeler's list of clients ranges from Shiatzy Chen, Burberry to Versace.
Wheeler is signed to the following agencies:
- Take 2 Model Management (London, England)
- IMG Models (New York, United States)
- TESS Management (London, England)
- The Internet Fashion Database Retrieved and verified on 2011-05-29
- AskMen.com Interview Retrieved and verified on 2009-09-15
- Tatler http://www.tatler.com/the-tatler-list/w/jacquetta-wheeler
- The Internet Fashion Database
- Jacquetta Wheeler at the Fashion Model Directory
- AskMen.com – Jacquetta Wheeler
|This article about a model in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|