||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Adrian. (Discuss) Proposed since March 2012.|
|Related names||Jadran (male form),
Jadranka (female form),
Jadrana (female form)
|Look up Jadranko in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Jadranko is a South Slavic male given name commonly found in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is derived from Jadran, which means "The Adriatic" in South Slavic languages. Therefore it is closely related to Adrian and its variants (such as Adriaan, Adriano, Adrien, etc.) and Hadrian. The feminine form is Jadranka.
In Slovenia, the names Jadran (male, 352th place), Jadranko (male, 930th place), Jadranka (female, 204th place), and Jadrana (female, 2958th place) occur over 5 times in March 2012. The names were more common in the 1950s.
People named Jadranko, Jadranka, Jadran or Jadrana
- Jadranko Bogičević (born 1983), Bosnian Serb footballer
- Jadranko Crnić (1928–2008), Croatian lawyer, former chairman of the Croatian Constitutional Court
- Jadranko Džihan (born 1964), Bosnian musician
- Jadran Ferluga (1920–2004), Slovene historian, specialist for the Middle Ages
- Jadranka Jovanović, Serbian opera singer
- Jadranka Kosor (born 1953), the Prime Minister of Croatia
- Jadranko Prlić (born 1951), Bosnian Croat politician
- Jadranka Stojaković (born 1950), Bosnian singer-songwriter
- Jadranko Topić (born 1949), retired Yugoslav footballer
- Jadranka Zajc-Satler (1294–1988), Slovenian microbiologist
- Jadranka Šturm-Kocjan (born 1952), deputee in the first National Assembly of independent Slovenia
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|
- "Number of men named JADRAN: 281 (or 0,0 % of all men)". Statistical Office of Slovenia. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- "Number of men named JADRANKO: 44 (or 0,0 % of all men)". Statistical Office of Slovenia. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- "Number of women named JADRANKA: 876 (or 0,1 % of all women)". Statistical Office of Slovenia. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- "Number of women named JADRANA: 6 (or 0,0 % of all women)". Statistical Office of Slovenia. Retrieved 29 March 2012.