|Birth name||Han Jae-joon
|Also known as||Jaejoong
26 January 1986 |
Gongju, Chungcheongnam-do, South Korea
|Genres||Pop, R&B, Rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, actor, model|
|Years active||2003-Hiatus(Military Service)|
S.M. Entertainment (2003–09)
Rhythm Zone (Japan; 2004–10)
|Associated acts||JYJ, TVXQ|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Jae-jung|
Kim Jae-joong (Hangul: 김재중; hanja: 金在中; born January 26, 1986), also known mononymously as Jaejoong, is a South Korean singer, songwriter, actor, director and designer. He is best known as a member of the Korean pop group JYJ, and was one of the original members of boy band TVXQ. Kim was also known by the stage names Hero Jaejoong (in South Korea), Jejung (ジェジュン) (in Japan), and 英雄在中 (영웅재중) (in China). Kim is now using Kim Jae-joong (JYJ) for his activities.
Kim has branched out to act in TV dramas including Sunao ni Narenakute, Protect the Boss, Dr. Jin, Triangle and most recently SPY and in films such as Heaven's Postman and Jackal is Coming. He was also the Executive Director for JYJ's 2011 Worldwide Tour and the 2011 LG Whisen Rhythmic All Stars.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Music career
- 3 Acting career
- 4 Directing career
- 5 Personal life
- 6 Discography
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Concerts and Tours
- 9 Awards
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Kim was born Han Jae-joon (한재준; 韩在俊) in Gongju, Chungcheongnam-do, South Korea. His real birthday, as revealed by his biological mother, was on 4 February, instead of 26 January. At a young age, he was given up for adoption by his biological mother to the Kim family, and his name was changed to Kim Jae-joong.
When Kim was fifteen, he moved to Seoul by himself in order to take part in the auditions held by SM Entertainment. Life in Seoul was financially difficult and he took various odd jobs to pay for rent, food, and training fees, he even appeared as an extra in movies. In an interview he admitted he used to be tone-deaf in primary school and was frequently ridiculed for his dream of becoming a singer. He practiced singing on his own.
In 2001, at fifteen years old, Kim auditioned for S.M. Entertainment and was accepted into the agency. From 2003 to 2010, he was the lead vocalist of South Korean boy band TVXQ. After TVXQ went on hiatus in early 2010, he and two other fellow band members Yoochun and Junsu formed a new trio boy group, initially known as JUNSU/JEJUNG/YUCHUN in Japan.
In 2009 Kim, Junsu and Yoochun, started a lawsuit against their agency, S.M. Entertainment, and separated from TVXQ, soon founding their own band, JYJ. Their debut Japanese language EP The..., released in September 2010, and their first concert DVD from Tokyo Dome Thanksgiving Live in Dome both reached No. 1 on the Japanese Oricon album and DVD charts. The group's global, English language debut album, The Beginning, was released in October 2010, featuring Kanye West.
In January 2011 they released a Korean EP, Their Rooms "Our Story", with three of Kim's own compositions, "Pierrot" (삐에로), "Nine" and "I.D.S.". In April he toured Asia and North America with JYJ, and later South America and Europe. He was also stage director of the Asian leg of the tour. In September the band released a studio album called In Heaven, which sold 350,000 copies and ranked first on the Gaon charts. He composed two new songs for the album, "In Heaven" and "Get Out". He composed "In Heaven" in memory of his good friend, Park Yong-ha, who committed suicide.
In July 2014, JYJ released their second full-length album Just Us. Kim wrote lyrics for 4 songs, “Let Me See”, “Babo Boy”, “Dear J” and “Creation”. Recently over 160,000 and 40,000 copies were sold in South Korea and Japan respectively. The album ranked first and second in Gaon and Oricon charts. 
Solo singing projects
Apart from TVXQ and JYJ, Kim has worked on solo activities as a singer. He sang, "Insa" (인사 lit. Greeting), for the soundtrack of A Millionaire's First Love. Kim collaborated with label-mates The Grace for the Japanese version of their song "Just for One Day", which was featured on their fifth Japanese single and their debut album, Graceful 4.
Kim also sang the solo track "Maze" for the fifth and final single of the Trick Project, "Keyword/Maze". Jaejoong wrote and composed "Wasurenaide" (忘れないで lit. Don't Forget?) which was included on Tohoshinki's twenty-fifth single "Bolero/Kiss the Baby Sky/Wasurenaide." The song was also on their fourth Japanese album The Secret Code, along with the songs "9095" and "9096" which were also composed by Kim. The song, "忘れないで" was used in television advertisement for cosmetics in Japan.
On September 30, 2009, Kim and bandmate Yoochun released a self-composed single "Colors (Melody and Harmony)/Shelter." The A-side track, Colors (Melody and Harmony), was used as the image song for Hello Kitty's thirty-fifth year anniversary. Jaejoong and Yoochun also participated in "m-flo TRIBUTE -maison de m-flo" singing "Been So Long."
Kim sang "Love" for the soundtrack of the movie Heaven's Postman in which he starred as the male lead. He also sang "Found You" and "For you It’s Separation, For me It’s Waiting" for the soundtrack of the television drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal, "I'll Protect You" for the soundtrack of the television drama Protect the Boss, and "Living Like A Dream" for the soundtrack of the television Drama Dr. Jin.
On January 17, 2013, Kim released his first solo mini-album titled I/MINE. The rock-themed album debuted at the top of both the Hanteo and Gaon weekly charts in Korea and broke previous pre-order records in Japan. It also topped the iTunes overall chart in Japan, as well as the iTunes rock charts in nine countries. On 26 and 27 January, Kim held two days of special concerts at the KINTEX Ilsan to celebrate the launch of the album, as well as his birthday. The 16,000 tickets to the concert were sold in record time.
Composing and songwriting
|Composer; Lyricist||사랑아 울지마 (Saranga Uljima; Don't Cry My Lover)||Korean||Mirotic – The 4th Album by TVXQ|
|Co-composer||Kiss したまま、さよなら (Kiss Shita Mama Sayonara; As We Kissed, Goodbye)||Japanese||T – The 3rd Album by TVXQ|
|Composer; Lyricist||忘れないで (Wasurenaide; Don’t Forget)||Japanese||The Secret Code – The 4th Album by TVXQ|
|Composer; Lyricist; Arranger; All instruments||9095|
|Composer; Lyricist; Arranger; All instruments||9096|
|Co-composer; Co-arranger||Colors~Melody and Harmony~||Japanese||Colors (Melody and Harmony)/Shelter by JEJUNG & YUCHUN from TVXQ|
|Co-composer; Co-arranger; Programming||Shelter|
|Composer||Still in Love||English||The Beginning by JYJ|
|Composer; Lyricist; Arranger||Nine||Korean||Their Rooms "Our Story" (우리 이야기 "Our Story") by JYJ, In Heaven by JYJ|
|Composer; Lyricist; Arranger||Pierrot|
|Composer; Lyricist||지켜줄게 (Jikyeojulge; I'll Protect You)||Korean||Protect the Boss OST|
|Lyricist||Boy’s Letter||Korean||In Heaven by JYJ|
|Co-composer; Co-arranger; Co-lyricist||Get Out|
|Composer; Lyricist; Co-arranger||In Heaven|
|Composer; Lyricist||No Gain||Korean||Tarantallegra by Junsu|
|Lyricist||살아도 꿈인 것처럼 (Sal-ado Kkum-in Geoscheoleom; Living Like A Dream)||Korean||Dr. Jin OST|
|Composer; Lyricist||Until the Sun Rises||Korean||Until the Sun Rises by Baek Seung Heon|
|Composer; Lyricist||Stay||Korean||Jackal is Coming OST|
|Co-composer; Co-lyricist||Kiss B||Jackal is Coming OST, Y by Kim Jae-joong|
|Composer; Lyricist||나만의 위로 (Namanoe Wiro; Healing for Myself/My Only Comfort)||Jackal is Coming OST, I/MINE by Kim Jae-joong|
|Lyricist||One Kiss||Korean||I/MINE by Kim Jae-joong|
|Composer; Lyricist||All Alone|
|Co-composer; Co-lyricist||Only Love||Korean||Y by Kim Jae-joong|
|Composer; Lyricist||On My Mind||Korean||New Born by M.Pire (엠파이어)|
|Lyricist||빛 (Light/Brighter)||Korean||WWW by Kim Jae-joong|
|Lyricist||Don't Walk Away|
|Lyricist||Just Another Girl|
|Composer; Lyricist||Rotten Love|
|Lyricist||Let The Rhythm Flow|
|Composer; Lyricist; Arranger||그랬지 (It is/I said I am sorry)|
|Lyricist||싫어도 (But I)||Korean||Triangle OST|
|Lyricist||Let Me See||Korean||Just Us by JYJ|
|Lyricist||Let Me See|
Prior to his debut as a singer, Kim worked as an extra, playing a soldier in film Taegeukgi. Along with the other members of TVXQ, he acted in television programmes, Banjun Theater and Vacation.
In November 2009 Kim co-starred with Han Hyo-joo in a joint Korean-Japanese telecinema Heaven's Postman, as Shin Jaejun, a young man who delivers letters written by the living to the dead and helps lingering ghosts settle their earthly affairs. This was followed by Fuji TV's Japanese television drama Sunao ni Narenakute in September 2010. Where he portrayed a "doctor", who moved from Korea to Japan with his younger sister, working for a medical equipment manufacturer.
In August 2011, he starred in his first television series in South Korea, with Choi Kang-hee and Ji Sung in Korean drama Protect the Boss. He played the role of seemingly perfect Director Cha Mu-won, nicknamed "Prince of the Financial World" for his business acumen, who becomes frustrated and fight against the constraints in his life. He was also in Ayumi Hamasaki's music video for her 2010 song "Blossom".
In May 2012, he starred in his second South Korean television series, Dr. Jin, with Song Seung-heon. He played the role of Kim Kyung Tak, a high-ranking officer of the police force of Joseon Dynasty, who is an illegitimate son of the Joseon era's Prime Minister and his concubine. His character was entangled in a love triangle with his childhood friend, Hong Young-rae, and the drama's main protagonist, Dr. Jin.
Kim starred in a teaser video along with actress Kim Ji-won, for debut song for Baek Seung-heon. He also wrote the lyrics for the song "Until the Sun Rises", which was released on 7 November. However neither he nor Kim Ji-won were featured in the official full length music video.
In November 2012, Kim in his big screen debut in dark comedy feature film Jackal is Coming, portrayed Choi Hyun, a Hallyu star who is kidnapped by the assassin Bong Min-jung, played by labelmate Song Ji-hyo.
In May 2014, Kim starred in MBC drama Triangle as the male lead. He portrayed Jang Dong-chul / Heo Young-dal, the middle brother who grows up to become a lowlife gangster; his older brother Jang Dong-soo (Lee Beom-soo) becomes a detective, while little brother Jang Dong-woo (Yim Si-wan) is adopted into a chaebol family. Jang Dong-chul eventually becomes a senior executive of a casino and starts his plan for revenge. The character brought Kim the “Top Excellence Award, Actor” at the 7th Korea Drama Awards in October the same year.
In 26 November 2014, it was confirmed that Kim would appear on KBS2’s TV drama SPY. In the drama, Kim will be the male lead and portray Kim Seon-woo, a genius analyst working for the South Korea's National Intelligence Service. The Analyst will have a tight relationship with his ex-spy mother played by Actress Bae Jong-ok. SPY will be aired on 9 January 2015. 
In September 2005, while rehearsing the dance steps for "Rising Sun", Kim ruptured his cartilage in his knee and was admitted to a hospital in Seoul. He underwent surgery on the same day to repair the tissue.
On November 21, 2006, a man with the surname Han filed a lawsuit against Kim's guardians. Han claimed he was Kim's biological father, and thus wanted parental rights.
Han cited the reason for the lawsuit against Kim's legal guardians as "for not going through the proper procedures before registering [Jaejoong] in [the legal guardians'] custody." The first hearing was to be held in Kim's hometown, Gongju, on November 29, 2006, but on November 22 Han dropped the charges against Kim's legal guardians.
In reaction to the matter, Kim uploaded a journal entry on his official fan club website, and said that he was informed of the existence of separate biological parents by his mother two or three years ago, and it had been quite a shock to him. With his current mother's support, his biological mother has been able to keep in touch with him, and to meet occasionally, but whereabouts of his father had been unknown.
He expressed his will to live by the name of Kim Jae-joong, not by his birth name Han Jae-jun (한재준).
Kim enlisted in the army on 31 March, 2015. He will be discharged from service 21 months later on 30 December, 2016.
- Mini Album
|Album#||Album information||Song list|
|1st||The 1st Mini Album 《I》
|-||Repackage Album 《Y》
- Regular Album
|Album#||Album information||Song list|
|1st||The 1st Solo Album 《WWW》
|-||Repackage Album 《WWW Keshou》
- Personal videos
|2013-10-29||Just Another Girl||Kim Jae-joong|
|2012-11-02||Until the Sun Rises||Baek Seung-heon|
|2006-02-09||인사 (Greetings)||《A Millionaire's First Love》OST|
|2009-11-11||사랑아(Love)||《 Heaven's Postman》OST|
|2010-08-30||To You It's Goodbye, To Me It's Waiting||《Sungkyunkwan Scandal》OST|
|2011-08-10||"지켜줄게" (I'll Protect You)||《Protect the Boss》OST|
|2012-05-25||살아도 꿈인 것처럼" (Living Like A Dream)||《Dr. Jin》OST|
|2012-12-15||Stay||《Jackal is Coming》 OST|
|2014-06-09||싫어도 (But I)||《'Triangle》OST|
|2010-04-15||Sunao ni Narenakute||Park Seon-su/Doctor|
|2011-08-03||Protect the Boss||Cha Mu-won|
|2012-05-26||Dr. Jin||Kim Kyung-tak|
|2014-05-05||Triangle||Jang Dong-chul/Heo Young-dal|
|2009-11-11||Heaven's Postman||Shin Jae-joon|
|2012-11-15||Jackal is Coming||Choi Hyun|
|2013-08-12||The Zoo is Alive 2||Animal documentary|
Concerts and Tours
- Solo Fan meeting
|December 10, 2011||Shanghai||China||Shanghai Changning Gymnastic Center||6,500|
|February 5, 2012||Ankara||Turkey||Ankara University||800|
|May 23, 2012||Taipei||Taiwan||ATT BOX||3,500|
|October 20, 2012||Nanjing||China||Nanjing Olympic Sports Center||6,000|
|October 20, 2012||Bangkok||Thailand||Bitec Hall||6,000|
|November 3, 2012||Jakarta||Indonesia||Mata Elang International Stadium||7,000|
|November 9, 2012||Ho Chi Minh City||Vietnam||Saigon Exhibition and Covention Center||3,500|
- 1st Asia Tour - Your,My&Mine mini concert&Fan meeting
|January 26, 2013||Gyeonggi||South Korea||KINTEX Ilsan||10,000|
|January 27, 2013||10,000|
|February 17, 2013||Bangkok||Thailand||BITEC Hall||8,000|
|March 17, 2013||Shanghai||China||Shanghai Gymnasium||8,000|
|March 24, 2013||Hong Kong||HKCEC Hall||6,000|
|April 6, 2013||Nanjing||Nanjing Olympic Sports Center||5,000|
|April 13, 2013||Taipei||Taiwan||Taiwan University Gymnasium||6,000|
- 2013 Grand Finale Live Concert and Fanmeeting in Japan
|June 24, 2013||Yokohama||Japan||Yokohama Arena||15,000|
|June 25, 2013||15,000|
|June 26, 2013||15,000|
- 1st Solo Album Asia Tour - WWW
|November 2, 2013||Seoul||South Korea||Coex Hall D||10,000|
|November 3, 2013||10,000|
|November 15, 2013||Yokohama||Japan||Yokohama Stadium||35,000|
|November 16, 2013||35,000|
|November 23, 2013||Taipei||Taiwan||Taiwan University Gymnasium||6,000|
|December 7, 2013||Nanjing||China||Wutaishan Stadium||8,000|
|December 8, 2013||6,000|
|December 17, 2013||Osaka||Japan||Osaka-jō Hall||15,000|
|December 18, 2013||15,000|
|January 4, 2014||Busan||South Korea||Busan Exhibition and Convention Center||6,000|
|January 22, 2014||Nagoya||Japan||Nippon Gaishi Hall||10,000|
|January 23, 2014||10,000|
|January 25, 2014||Seoul||South Korea||Korea University Tiger Dome||5,000|
|January 26, 2014||5,000|
- 2015 Kim Jae Joong J-Party
|January 21, 2015||Yokohama||Japan||Yokohama Arena||12,500|
|January 22, 2015||12,500|
|January 26, 2015||Seoul||South Korea||Jamsil Indoor Stadium||6,000|
- 2015 Kim Jae Joong Concert in Seoul
|March 28, 2015||Seoul||South Korea||Korea University Tiger Dome|
|March 29, 2015|
|2010-07-08||14th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix||Best Supporting Actor for Spring Season||Sunao ni Narenakute||Won|
|2011-12-31||SBS Drama Awards||New Star Award||Protect the Boss||Won|
|Best Couple Award(withWang Ji-hye)||Nominated|
|2012-04-26||48th Baeksang Arts Awards||Most Popular Actor (TV)||Protect the Boss||Nominated|
|2012-10-02||5th Korea Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actor||Dr. Jin||Nominated|
|2012-12-30||MBC Drama Awards||Best New Male Actor||Dr. Jin||Won|
|2013-05-09||49th Baeksang Arts Awards||Most Popular Actor (TV)||Dr. Jin||Nominated|
|Most Popular Actor (Film)||Jackal is Coming||Nominated|
|2014-10-01||7th Korea Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actor||Triangle||Won|
|2014-12-30||MBC Drama Awards||Best Actor in a Special Project Drama||Nominated|
|2013-09-05||Seoul International Drama Awards||Best Hallyu Drama OST Award||Living Like A Dream
|2001||2nd Annual SM Best Competition||Best Appearance||Won|
|2010||27th Best Jeanist Award||Best Male Jeanist||3rd Place|
|2nd Philippine Kpop Convention||Hottest Male Artist||Won|
|2011||28th Best Jeanist Award||Best Male Jeanist||2nd Place|
|Shorty Awards||Best Celebrity on Twitter||Won|
|3rd Philippine Kpop Convention||Hottest Male Artist||Won|
|2012||29th Best Jeanist Award||Best Male Jeanist||2nd Place|
|4th Philippine Kpop Convention||Hottest Male Artist||Won|
- 재중에게 자랑스런 엄마로 남고 싶어요 (in Korean). Sports Hankooki. 9 April 2009. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- '나는 알바생이었다' 스타들의 색다른 과거 (in Korean). Daum News. 2 June 2011. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- All About DBSK: Talk To You Jaejoong. SBS. 2006. Event occurs at 2:00.
- "JYJ". KBS World. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- 東方神起新ユニット、デビュー作が初日首位. Oricon (in Japanese). 2010-09-09. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "Meet JYJ – Kanye West's New Proteges". Us Magazine. 2010-11-16. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- "Review:‘Their Rooms’ by JYJ". Allkpop. 2012-01-25. Retrieved 2012-10-19.
- "JYJ kicks off their "JYJ World Tour Concert" in Thailand". Allkpop. 2011-04-04. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "JYJ announces world tour + Jaejoong to be its director". Allkpop. 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "JYJ, 첫 한국어 앨범 '인 헤븐' 선주문만 30만장…서버까지 마비". NateNews (in Korean). 2011-10-14. Retrieved 2011-11-18.
- Hong, Lucia (2011-10-13). "Gaon Weekly Album Chart: 2-8 October 2011". 10 Asia.
- "Jaejoong’s self written and composed title track, "In Heaven", will star Junsu in the M/V". Allkpop. 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "JYJ "음반 첫 주문량 30만장 돌파"" (in Korean). Yahoo!. 2011-09-14. Archived from the original on 2011-09-14. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "JUNSU PLAYS WITH FATE IN JYJ’S "IN HEAVEN" MV". MTVK. 2011-09-14. Archived from the original on 2011-09-24. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "Gaon Album Chart" (in Korean).
- "Oricon Weekly Albums Ranking: 2013-07-28 to 2013-08-03" (in Japanese).
- "TVXQ's Hero "Solo" Affair" (in Korean). Hankook Ilbo. 2006-01-30. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- "The Grace's Japanese Single Goes Public" (in Korean). Newsen. 2007-08-07. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- "The Grace's Simultaneous Release In 14 Days" (in Korean). Inews. 2007-11-13. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- "Keyword/Maze (JEJUNG from TVXQ)" (in Japanese). Yahoo! Music Japan. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- "TVXQ, movie - Subaru - recording new album's theme" (in Japanese). Barks. 22 January 2009. Retrieved 10 February 2009.
- "TVXQ, Japan 25th Single 'Bolero' released on the 29th" (in Korean). Joins!. 29 January 2009. Retrieved 10 February 2009.
- 東方神起『ヒット曲も収録した濃密で強力なロックアルバム！』 (in Japanese). Oricon. 2009-04-01. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "Hero Jaejoong and Micky Yoochun to participate in M-flo's album" (in Korean). Yonhap News. 2009-08-05. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- "JYJ’s Jaejoong tops weekly Hanteo Charts with ‘I’". Allkpop. 2013-01-20. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "Gaon Chart releases chart rankings for January 13th – January 19th". Allkpop. 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- 김재중 솔로앨범, 日서도 뜨거운 관심 '예약판매 1위' (in Korean). Nate. 2013-01-07. Retrieved 2013-01-07.
- ""ソロデビュー"JYJ ジェジュン、アジアツアー開催予定" (in Japanese). Kstyle. 2013-01-25. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "JYJジェジュン主演『コードネーム：ジャッカル』、日本版ポスターを公開" (in Japanese). 財経新聞. 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "김재중, 솔로 앨범 발매 앞두고 8일 'ONE KISS' 선공개" (in Korean). Nate. 2013-01-04. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Jaejoong sells out 16,000 tickets to his solo concert in record time". Allkpop. 2013-01-07.
- "김재중 '햇살좋은날' 선공개, 폭발적 반응". Nate. 2013-10-15. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "Retro Dance Queen Bae Seul Ki 'TVXQ Woman'". Hankooki (in Korean). 2006-03-03. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "TVXQ, Theater Actors". Star Money (in Korean). 2006-07-04. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "TVXQ’s Hero Jae-jung’s Movie Premiers". KBS World. 2006-11-09. Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- "Jejung joins "Sunao ni Narenakute" cast". Tokyograph. 2010-03-09. Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- Park So-jung "JYJ Kim Jaejoong eyes set on first Korea drama role" 10Asia. 23 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-24
- Choi, BoRan (21 February 2012). "JYJ’s Jae Joong turns into Joseon’s charismatic military officer". Star News. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (2 November 2012). "JYJ Kim Jae Joong and Kim Ji Won Share Sweet Kiss in Rookie Singer′s Teaser". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (3 November 2012). "JYJ′s Kim Jae Joong Penned Lyrics for Baek Seung Heon’s Debut Track". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (8 November 2012). "JYJ Baek Seung Heon Reveals ‘Till the Sun Rises’ MV". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Lee Su-ah (2 November 2012). 김재중, 영화 이어 작사까지…백승헌 데뷔곡 '해뜰때까지'. TV Report (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- Ho, Stewart (20 April 2012). "Kim Jae Joong Cast in His First Movie Opposite Song Ji Hyo". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Jung Myeong-hwa (17 October 2012). "JYJジェジュン、自身の外見について言及…「照明がないと輝かない」". Infoseek Woman (in Japanese). Rakuten, Inc. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- "iMBC Triangle Official Website" (in Korean).
- 김재중, KBS ‘스파이’ 출연 확정..천재 분석가 (in Korean). 2014-11-26.
- 141126 JYJ’s Kim Jae Joong to Transform into Genius Analyst for ‘Spy’. 2014-11-26.
- "Son Yeon Jae rehearses to ‘Hoot’ for ‘LG Whisen Rhythmic All Star 2011′". Allkpop. 2011-06-10. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "TVXQ Hero Cartilage Rupture, Surgery, 8 Days" (in Korean). 2005-09-08. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- "'Knee Cartilage Rupture' Hero, The Operation Successfully Finished" (in Korean). 2005-09-09. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- Yoo, Sang-woo (2006-11-21). 악재 겹친 '동방신기', 비상. Daum (in Korean). Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Kim, Sangho (2006-11-22). 동방신기 영웅재중, 친자 확인 소송. The Hankyoreh (in Korean). Archived from the original on 2012-09-22. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- Ryoo, Chul-ho (2006-11-23). <속보>영웅재중 생부 가족, "재중이 위해 소송취하하겠다". Daum (in Korean). Archived from the original on 2007-11-12. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- Kang, Sujin (2006-11-22). 영웅재중 "난 김재중으로 살고파". Daum (in Korean). Archived from the original on 2007-11-12. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- "Kim Jae-joong, "I'll be thinking about everyone"". Hancinema. 2015-03-31. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
- Ho, Stewart (21 May 2012). "Kim Jae Joong to Sing Self-Written Song for ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin’ OST". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- ジェジュン断トツ助演男優、日刊ドラマＧＰ (in Japanese). Nikkan Sports. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "Winners from the SBS 2011 Drama Awards". Allkpop. 2011-12-31. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- Lee, Kyung-nam (31 December 2012). "JYJ 김재중, SBS 이어 MBC 신인연기상 수상 '뜻깊은 2연패'". enews24 / Nate (in Korean). SK Communications. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Winners of the 7th Korean Drama Awards" (in Korean). Korea Drama Festival Facebook. 1 October 2014. Retrieved 2014-10-01.
- "Suzy, Jaejoong, Yunho and Lee Jun Ki win at the '2013 Seoul International Drama Awards'". Allkpop. 2013-09-05. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Kim Jae Joong". CJ E&M enewsWorld. Archived from the original (SCREENSHOT) on 2013-01-18. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "Best Jeanists Award 2010" (in japán). Best-Jeans.com. Retrieved 2011-06-23.
- "Kim Jaejoong won as the Hottest Male Idol of 2010 at the 2nd Philippine Kpop Awards". Cassiopeia Philippines. 28 May 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- (Japanese) Shorty Awards - Best Celebrity on Twitter 2011, Shorty Awards; retrieved on 23 June 2011.
- "Winners in the 3rd Philippine K-pop Awards". The Manila Bulletin. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "The Fourth Annual Kpop Convention". Mark Dennis. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kim Jae-Joong.|