Courtney at the film premiere of Divergent on 18 March 2014
|Born||Jai Stephen Courtney
15 March 1986
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Residence||Los Angeles, California U.S|
Jai Stephen Courtney (born 15 March 1986) is an Australian actor known for his role as Varro in Spartacus: Blood and Sand (2010), and for his roles in the feature films Jack Reacher (2012), A Good Day to Die Hard (2013), I, Frankenstein (2014) and Divergent (2014).
Courtney was born in Sydney, New South Wales, and grew up in Cherrybrook, a suburb of Sydney. His father, Chris, worked for a state-owned electricity company, and his mother, Karen, was a teacher at Galston Public School, where Courtney and his older sister attended. He then attended Cherrybrook Technology High School and the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
Courtney's first role was in a 2005 controversial short film entitled Boys Grammar which also starred Daniel Feuerriegel and Adam J. Yeend. In 2008, Courtney had a role in the Australian series Packed to the Rafters, then a guest lead in the popular All Saints, the comedy feature To Hell & Bourke and several short films. In 2010, he played Varro in Spartacus: Blood and Sand for 10 episodes, before starring in Jack Reacher in 2012 with Tom Cruise and in A Good Day to Die Hard with Bruce Willis as John McClane's son, Jack.
Courtney played Eric, one of the leaders of the faction Dauntless, in the film Divergent (2014). In February 2014, it was announced he would play Kyle Reese in Terminator Genisys. While filming for Terminator Genisys, Courtney will also be shooting for The Divergent Series: Insurgent, the sequel to Divergent, in which he will reprise his role. Filming on Terminator Genisys began in April/May 2014, and be released on 1 July 2015 while filming on Insurgent began on May 2014 with a release date of 20 March 2015.
|2005||Boys Grammar||Alex||Short film|
|2013||A Good Day to Die Hard||John "Jack" McClane, Jr.|
|2014||Unbroken||Hugh "Cup" Cuppernell|
|2014||The Water Diviner||Lt. Col. Cecil Hilton|
|2015||Terminator Genisys||Kyle Reese||Post-Production|
|2015||The Divergent Series: Insurgent||Eric||Post-production|
|2015||Man Down||Devin Roberts||Post-production|
|2016||Suicide Squad||Digger Harkness/Captain Boomerang||Pre-Production|
|2008||All Saints||Harry Avent||2 episodes|
|2008, 2009||Packed to the Rafters||Damian||2 episodes|
- Blumer, Clare (23 April 2012). "Die Hard Jai". The Global Mail.
- Roach, Vicky (3 December 2012). "Jai Courtney's not just a face in the crowd". news.com.au.
- Naglazas, Mark (21 March 2013). "WAAPA graduate has roles to die for". The West Australian. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- Eisenberg, Eric (29 September 2011). "Spartacus Star Jai Courtney Joins Tom Cruise In One Shot". CinemaBlend.com.
- Gilchrist, Todd; McClintock, Pamela (22 February 2012). "'A Good Day to Die Hard:' Jai Courtney Cast as Bruce Willis' Son". Hollywood Reporter.
- White, James (22 February 2012). "Jai Courtney Will Die Hard". Empire.
- "Jai Courtney Joins Joel Edgerton In Aussie Thriller ‘Felony’". Deadline Hollywood. 15 October 2012.
- Kroll, Justin (19 February 2014). "Jai Courtney to Play Kyle Reese in ‘Terminator’ Reboot (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- Rose, Tiffany (March 2014). "Jai Courtney and Miles Teller Talk ‘Divergent’, ‘Terminator’ and ‘Fantastic Four’". Screen Rant.
- Sacks, Ethan (19 February 2014). "Jai Courtney cast in 'Terminator: Genisys'". New York Daily News.
- Kroll, Justin (27 March 2014). "Jai Courtney Officially Signs on to ‘Terminator’". Variety.
- Fleming, Mike (24 October 2013). "Jai Courtney Tapped For Angelina Jolie’s ‘Unbroken’, Russell Crowe’s ‘Water Diviner’". deadline.com. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Bombshellzine.com — News Page - On the Record — Pinch Hitter". Bombshellzine.com. 19 October 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Track by Track: Pinch Hitter : Mess+Noise". Mess+Noise. 17 November 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Jacobs, Mark (28 November 2012). "Jai Courtney - Page - Interview Magazine". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Jai Courtney: Creepy crawlers terrify me". Belfast Telegraph. 18 February 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Kyle & Jackie O's podcast #55" (Radio interview). KIIS 1065. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
at 45:50 "Kyle: Someone told me you're still with your long time girlfriend..." Jai: "I don't know where you're getting your infomation"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jai Courtney.|