Courtney at a Jack Reacher premiere on 2 December 2012
|Born||Jai Stephen Courtney
15 March 1986
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Jai Stephen Courtney (born 15 March 1986) is an Australian actor known for his role as Varro in Spartacus: Blood and Sand, and for his roles in the feature films Jack Reacher, A Good Day to Die Hard and I, Frankenstein.
Courtney grew up in Cherrybrook, a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales. His father, Chris, worked for a state-owned electricity company, and his mother, Karen, was a teacher at Galston Public School, where Courtney and his older sister attended. He then attended Cherrybrook Technology High School and the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
In 2008, Courtney had a role in the hit Australian series Packed to the Rafters, then a guest lead in the popular All Saints, the comedy feature To Hell & Bourke and several short films. His big break came in 2010 when he played Varro in Spartacus: Blood and Sand. He also stars in Jack Reacher, with Tom Cruise, and in A Good Day to Die Hard with Bruce Willis. In March 2013, it was announced that Courtney was cast as Eric in the upcoming film adaptation of Divergent. In February 2014, it was announced he would play Kyle Reese in Terminator: Genesis.
|2009||Stone Bros.||Eric||Film debut|
|2013||A Good Day to Die Hard||John "Jack" McClane, Jr.|
|2014||Unbroken||Hugh "Cup" Cuppernell||Filming|
|2014||The Water Diviner||Lt. Col. Cecil Hilton||Filming|
|2015||Terminator: Genesis||Kyle Reese ||Development|
|2008||All Saints||Harry Avent||2 episodes|
|2008–2009||Packed to the Rafters||Damian||2 episodes|
- Blumer, Clare (23 April 2012). "Die Hard Jai". The Global Mail.
- Roach, Vicky (3 December 2012). "Jai Courtney's not just a face in the crowd". news.com.au.
- Naglazas, Mark (21 March 2013). "WAAPA graduate has roles to die for". The West Australian. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- Eisenberg, Eric (29 September 2011). "Spartacus Star Jai Courtney Joins Tom Cruise In One Shot". CinemaBlend.com.
- Gilchrist, Todd; McClintock, Pamela (22 February 2012). "'A Good Day to Die Hard:' Jai Courtney Cast as Bruce Willis' Son". Hollywood Reporter.
- White, James (22 February 2012). "Jai Courtney Will Die Hard". Empire.
- Kroll, Justin (February 19, 2014). "Jai Courtney to Play Kyle Reese in ‘Terminator’ Reboot (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- "Jai Courtney Joins Joel Edgerton In Aussie Thriller ‘Felony’". Deadline Hollywood. 15 October 2012.
- Fleming, Mike (24 October 2013). "Jai Courtney Tapped For Angelina Jolie’s ‘Unbroken’, Russell Crowe’s ‘Water Diviner’". deadline.com. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
|This article about an Australian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|