Jai Hind College
|Jai Hind College|
|जय हिन्द महाविद्यालय|
|Motto||I Will And I Can|
|Type||Public educational institution|
|Principal||Dr. Ashok Wadia|
|Academic staff||75 approximately|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Jai Hind College is a college in Mumbai, India, affiliated with University of Mumbai. After Partition, it was established in 1948 by a small group of teachers who were displaced from D. J. Sind College of Karachi, Sindh, under the supervision of Dr. Mohinder-Miles Morton. The college is at 'A' Road, Churchgate.
It started as an Arts and Science college. Many new courses and subjects were offered later — the faculty of Commerce was introduced in 1980, Management and Computer Science were introduced in 1999, Mass Media and Biotechnology in 2002, and Banking and Insurance in 2003.
Catering to more than 5000 students, Jai Hind College is considered among the best and most sought after colleges in Mumbai city.
Jai Hind offers a number of undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Bachelor of Mass Media
- Bachelor of Banking and Insurance
The curricula for the above courses is decided by the University of Mumbai under the jurisdiction of which Jai Hind College falls.
The college also offers a Junior College program (equivalent to A-levels) administered by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
Notable alumni 
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (October 2011)|
- Aishwarya Rai
- Ajay Piramal
- Ami Trivedi
- Hiten Tejwani, TV actor
- Hussain Kuwajerwala
- Isha Koppikar
- Jayant Patil
- John Abraham
- Kajal Aggarwal
- Malaika Arora Khan
- Natasha Suri
- Neeta Lulla
- Priyanka Chopra
- Ramesh Sippy
- Rishi Vohra
- Sadhana Shivdasani
- Sunil Dutt
- Supriya Sule
- Atul Kasbekar
In line with the trend of city colleges in Mumbai having cultural festivals, Jai Hind organizes annual inter-college festivals Detour, Entourage and Talaash.
Jai Hind is an active participant in fairs organized by other colleges.
See also 
- Jai Hind College Contact Us page
- Top 10 Colleges of India India Today, June 2000.
- Jai Hind College
- "How educated are our Bollywood celebrities?". Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- [dead link] "About Hiten". hiten-gauri.net. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "Meet Ajay Devgn's love in Singham - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Chandrika Bhattacharya (1990). "Interview in Movie Magazine". Movie Magazine. Retrieved 3 Feb 2012.
- "Personal Agenda: Atul Kasbekar, photographer". Hindustan Times. January 04, 2013. Retrieved January 04, 2013.