Jaicko poses at KISS-FM "Coca-Cola Lounge" in Chicago.(photo by Raymond Boyd) 2010
|Birth name||Jaicko Lawrence|
|Born||August 6, 1991|
|Genres||Contemporary R&B , Pop music|
|Years active||2004 – present|
(2008 — Present)
Jaicko is a Bajan contemporary pop music singer/songwriter signed to Capitol Records. Born Jaicko Lawrence on August 6, 1991 in Christ Church, Barbados, Jaicko has been nominated for six Barbados Music Awards, including Best Pop Single, Pop/R&B Artist Of The Year, Songwriter Of The Year, and Album Of The Year in 2008. His debut single was called "Oh Yeah"," produced by the Stereotypes, and reached #2 on the Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles. Written by Lil Eddie, Tiwa Savage and Kamaria Ousley. The remix version, featuring Snoop Dogg reached #77 on the Canadian Hot 100.
Jaicko's forthcoming debut album is titled Can I. Jaicko wrote and produced several songs on the album, and collaborated with the production team Stargate and Jim Jonsin on the project. Current single "FFWD" is featured on the compilation NOW 33.
Prior to signing with Capitol Records, Jaicko released a rap solo album independently in Barbados in November 2006, selling 6,000 copies without major distribution. He currently lives in New York City.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Oh Yeah!"||2010||—||—||—||96||Can I|
|"Remember to Forget" (with Carlprit)||2014||46||64||61||—||Single only|
- 2010: "Fast Forward"
- 2013: "Perfect Love"
- 2014: "More Than Enough" (with Marc Korn)
- "Young Bajan Reportedly Signs With Capitol.". 2009-06-06. Retrieved 2009-11-04.
- "Jaicko Preps Capitol Records Debut.". 2009-07-18. Retrieved 2009-11-04.
- "Diskografie Jaicko". charts.de (in German). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 2014-03-09.
- "Discografie Jaicko". austriancharts.at (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Diskografie Jaicko" (select "Charts" tab). hitparade.ch (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 2014-03-09.
- "Discography Jaicko" (select "Charts" tab). billboard.com (in Englisch). Billboard. Retrieved 2014-03-09.