Jaime is a common Spanish and Portuguese masculine given name for Jacob, James, Jamie, or Jacques. In eastern Spain, Jacobus became Jacome or Jaime; in Catalonia, it became Jaume. In western Spain it became Iago, in Portugal it became Tiago. The name Saint James developed in Spanish to Santiago, in Portuguese to São Tiago. The name Diego is also an Iberian version of Jaime.
In the United States, Jaime is used as an independent masculine given name, along with given name Jimmy.
For females, it remains less popular, not appearing on the top 1000 U.S. female names for the past 5 years. It is an alternative spelling of Jamie.
Among Jews in Spanish-speaking countries, "Jaime" is often used as a naturalized version of the unrelated Hebrew name Haim.
- Jaime Alguersuari, Spanish racing driver
- Jaime Lyn Beatty, American actress and singer, member of Team Starkid
- Jaime Camara, Brazilian racing driver
- Jaime Escalante, Bolivian-American educator and subject of the film Stand and Deliver
- Jaime Hernandez, American cartoonist and co-creator of the comic book series Love and Rockets (comics)
- Jaime Hernandez Lujan, Canadian playwright and theatre artist
- Jaime Hipp, American water polo goalkeeper
- Jaime Huélamo, Spanish road cyclist
- Jaime Jiménez Merlo, Spanish football (soccer) player commonly known as Jaime
- Jaime King, American actress and model
- Jaime King, English Olympic swimmer
- Jaime Lachica Sin, Filipino Catholic cardinal who took part in the People Power Revolution
- Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer in A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones
- Jaime Luis Gómez, better known as Taboo, a member of The Black Eyed Peas
- Jaime Maussan, Mexican journalist
- Jaime Melo, Brazilian racing driver
- Jaime Moreno, Bolivian football (soccer) player
- Jaime Murray, British actress
- Jaime Nunó, Spanish composer
- Jaime Pressly, American actress
- Jaime Preciado, Hispanic musician and bassist of Pierce The Veil. Also known as "The Architechhh."
- Jaime Queralt-Lortzing Beckmann, Spanish Managing Director and rally driver.
- Jaime Patricio Ramírez, Chilean football (soccer) player
- Jaime Reyes, a DC Comics superhero known as Blue Beetle
- Jaime Vera, Chilean football (soccer) player
- Jaime Winstone, English actress and daughter of Ray Winstone
- Jaime Yzaga, Peruvian tennis player
- Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala, wealthy and influential Filipino who is chairman and CEO of Ayala Corporation