Foxworth attending Claudia Jordan's 35th Birthday Party at Boulevard in Hollywood CA, 2008.
|Born||Jaimee Monae Foxworth
December 17, 1979
Belleville, Illinois, United States
Jaimee Foxworth (born December 17, 1979 in Belleville, Illinois) is an American actress and model. She is best known for her role of Judy Winslow, the youngest daughter of Carl and Harriette Winslow on the ABC/CBS sitcom Family Matters for four seasons (1989-1993). She later transitioned to pornographic films using the name Crave, starring in several titles.
Jaimee Foxworth began modeling at the age of five, soon appeared in national television advertisements, and ultimately landed the role of Judy Winslow, the youngest of the Winslow family's three children, on the long-running sitcom Family Matters. After the introduction of Steve Urkel (Jaleel White), Foxworth's scenes were reduced significantly. The combination of the character having little to do on the show, and Foxworth's request for a raise in salary, caused producers to simply write her off the series after its fourth season. The character disappeared without explanation. The Winslows act as though Judy never existed, acknowledging they only have two children: Eddie (Darius McCrary) and Laura (Kellie Shanygne Williams).
With very little acting work coming in the years after Family Matters, Foxworth formed a short-lived musical group (named S.H.E.) with her two sisters. Eventually, she battled substance abuse (alcohol and painkillers), depression and destitution. It was rumored that this was prompted in part by a judge's ruling that her trust fund of more than $500,000 be used to save her family from bankruptcy, but she denied this in a 2009 interview, stating, "I think [that came] from the National Enquirer. But we never filed for bankruptcy. We were almost to the point where we were just completely flat broke, but we never filed for bankruptcy." Foxworth later switched to starring in pornographic films, usually credited as "Crave". Her transition to the pornographic industry was covered by The Oprah Winfrey Show in a dedicated show entitled "Former Child TV Star Reveals the Biggest Mistake of Her Life".
In December 2008, People magazine reported that Foxworth was pregnant, with her boyfriend and her expecting their child to be born in early 2009. The magazine also reported that Foxworth was working on a music career and a reality show, and expected to release her autobiography in 2009. On May 29, 2009, People magazine reported that Foxworth and longtime boyfriend, Michael Shaw, had welcomed a boy, whom they named Michael Douglas Shaw Jr. He was 10 days overdue and Foxworth shared the news of his birth while still in the delivery room via text message. In the fall of 2009, the TV One series Life After chronicled Foxworth's story, dealing with her departure from Family Matters, the pornographic films, and her subsequent marijuana use, which she claimed to have stopped smoking. During the show, her newborn son was shown.
Notable TV guest appearances
- Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew
- The Tyra Banks Show October 6, 2006
- The Oprah Winfrey Show January 29, 2006
- 20/20 April 29, 2005
- TV 101 playing Whitney Hines in episode: "Home" (episode #1.4) December 20, 1988
- Amen playing Choir in episode: "Your Christmas Show of Shows" (episode #1.11) December 20, 1986
- "Oprah: Former Child TV Star Reveals the Biggest Mistake of Her Life".
- Family Matters – Jaimee Foxworth (Judy Winslow). Kellie-williams.com. Retrieved on 2011-12-29.
- 3's a Charm: S.H.E.: Music. Amazon.com. Retrieved on 2011-12-29.
- Jaimee Foxworth. Nndb.com. Retrieved on 2011-12-29.
- Heed Magazine 2009 :: Jaimee's Worth. Heedmag.com. Retrieved on 2011-12-29.
- Park, Michael Y. (2008, December 29). "Jaimee Foxworth Expecting Her First Child," People.
- "Jaimee Foxworth welcomes baby boy". Retrieved June 1, 2009.