March 12, 1984 |
Greenville, South Carolina, US
Jaimie Alexander (born March 12, 1984) is an American actress known for portraying Jessi on the TV series Kyle XY and Sif in the 2011 superhero film Thor, its 2013 sequel, Thor: The Dark World, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Alexander was born in Greenville, South Carolina, and moved to Grapevine, Texas when she was four years old. She is the only girl in a family of four boys. Alexander first got into acting in grade school, where she took theater for fun. Alexander stated that she was actually kicked out of theater when she was in high school because she could not sing and went into sports. When she was 17, she substituted for a friend at a meeting with a scouting agency and she met her manager, Randy James, who sent her some scripts. After graduation, a year and a half later, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting.
Her career was launched in 2003, when she was cast in the leading role of Hanna Thompson in the low budget award-winning film The Other Side. According to the movie's commentary, she was originally at the audition to help out by reading against the male actors, but the director Gregg Bishop decided to cast her in the leading role after hearing her perform the lines. Alexander’s first role was in the movie Squirrel Trap where she played Sara, the love interest of the main character, David, who is a socially introverted genius portrayed by Keith Staley. This was soon followed by a guest appearance in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, where she portrayed a femme fatale in the role of 'Tammy', who through a combination of seduction and threats manipulates one of the main characters. She also has a small part in an episode of Standoff.
From there she proceeded to more significant roles. She appeared in the series Watch Over Me where she portrayed the controversial character of 'Caitlin Porter'. In 2006, she had her first lead role in the horror film Rest Stop where she portrayed 'Nicole Carrow', a girl who escapes from home and goes on a trip with her boyfriend, which is unexpectedly interrupted at a rest stop by a deranged serial killer. In 2007, she had her second lead role, also in a horror film. In Hallowed Ground she played 'Elizabeth Chambers', a girl stranded in a small town inhabited by a sect that plans to use her as a vessel for the rebirth of their founder. In both movies, her character is a strong character who fights back against her aggressors.
Her most famous role so far was that of 'Jessi' on the ABC Family television show Kyle XY. She portrays a troubled, show off girl with superhuman powers who is trying to find her way in the world, with increasing cooperation and eventual romance with her male counterpart Kyle. Her role generated a large fan base hoping to see a spin-off show for her character. She also has had guest roles on the show CSI: Miami where she played 'Jenna York', a flight attendant involved in a murder case; and in Bones where she played 'Molly Briggs', a student connected to the victim of the episode.
In September 2009, it was reported that Alexander would portray Sif in the live-action superhero film, Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh and released in May 2011. She reprised the role in the sequel Thor: The Dark World, released in November 2013. She reprised the role once again in a special crossover guest appearance on the TV series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on March 11, 2014.
In July 2010, it was reported that Alexander had been cast in the independent comedy-drama film, Loosies co-starring Peter Facinelli and directed by Michael Corrente. In October 2010 it was reported that Alexander joined the cast of Nurse Jackie in a sizeable story arc as Jackie’s (Edie Falco) wild, immature sister-in-law, Tunie Peyton. In 2011, she joined the cast of Covert Affairs for three episodes of the second season.
Alexander appeared in the 2013 film Savannah directed by Annette Haywood-Carter, about Ward Allen (Jim Caviezel), a real-life early 1900s aristocrat who starts an unexpected partnership with Christmas Moultrie (Chiwetel Ejiofor), a freed slave. Also in 2013, she portrayed deputy sheriff Sarah Torrance in The Last Stand, alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger.
In 2010, Alexander appeared in a web series for MSN entitled Ultradome produced by Milo Ventimiglia. In the series Alexander portrayed Han Solo in battle against Indiana Jones for the title of best Harrison Ford character.
|2006||Rest Stop||Nicole Carrow||Direct-to-DVD|
|2006||The Other Side||Hanna Thompson|
|2007||Hallowed Ground||Liz Chambers|
|2010||Love and Other Drugs||Carol||Uncredited|
|2013||The Last Stand||Sarah Torrance|
|2013||Thor: The Dark World||Sif|
|2015||Broken Vows||Tara Bloom|
|2005||It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia||Tammy||Episode: "Underage Drinking: A National Concern"|
|2006–2007||Watch Over Me||Caitlin Porter||58 episodes|
|2007–2009||Kyle XY||Jessi||33 episodes|
|2009||Bones||Molly Briggs||Episode: "The Beaver in the Otter"|
|2009||CSI: Miami||Jenna York||Episode: "Flight Risk"|
|2011||Nurse Jackie||Tunie Peyton||3 episodes|
|2011||Covert Affairs||Reva Kline||2 episodes|
|2011||The Birds of Anger||Annie||Short|
|2014||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||Sif||Episode: "Yes Men"|
|2011||Thor: God of Thunder||Sif||Voice|
Awards and nominations
|2008||Saturn Awards||Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series||Kyle XY||Nominated|
|2011||Scream Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Thor||Nominated|
|2011||Scream Awards||Breakout Performance-Female||Thor||Nominated|
- Pejkovic, Matthew. "Interview with Thor actors Jaimie Alexander and Tom Hiddleston". Trespass Magazine. Retrieved August 16, 2011.
- VanAirsdale, S.T. (May 23, 2011). "Jaimie Alexander on Her Thor Breakthrough and Visions of Lara Croft". Movieline. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- "Thor Poster, Jaimie Alexander as Sif". Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- George 'El Guapo' Roush (September 22, 2009). "Thor, Iron Man And The Fighter Are Facebook Friends With David Fincher". Latino Review. Retrieved September 23, 2009.
- McNary, Dave (July 12, 2010). "'Loosies' film tight with thesp trio". Variety. Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- Ausiello, Michael (October 8, 2010). "'Nurse Jackie' Scoop: 'Kyle XY' beauty Jaimie Alexander cast as [spoiler alert]!". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved November 29, 2010.
- Ng, Philiana (June 6, 2011). "Jaimie Alexander will appear in at least three episodes in the new season with Stormare in one.". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- Dimako, Peter (February 1, 2011). "Jim Caviezel and Chiwetel Ejiofor to star in 'SAVANNAH' historical drama". Movie Jungle. Retrieved February 22, 2011.
- "Thor's Jaimie Alexander joins Schwarzenegger's Last Stand". October 6, 2011. Retrieved October 9, 2011.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnGNWFV6Rak Save You Matthew Perryman Jones OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO (HD)
- Welcome to Milo Ventimiglia’s Ultradome!
- Michelle Ward (30 November 2012). "Peter Facinelli Finds Love with Costar Jaimie Alexander". People. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Cynthia Littleton (25 August 2014). "Inside the Emmy Parties: MPTF's Evening Before, Showtime, NBC, ICM Partners Cap Emmy Eve". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 23 September 2014. "Jaimie Alexander has reunited with her "Kyle XY" producer Julie Plec, and the two are animatedly chatting along with Alexander's beau Peter Facinelli"
- Martin, Michael (January 3, 2010). "Jaimie Alexander". Interview Magazine.
- "Q&A - Thor's Jaimie Alexander on Marvel Spoilers, Her Geeky Roots, and Wonder Woman's Breasts". FilmCritic.com. May 4, 2011. Retrieved May 8, 2011.
- "'Kyle XY' Nominated for Several Saturn Awards". March 10, 2008. Retrieved October 9, 2011.
- "'Scream Awards 2011' Nominations". Retrieved October 9, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jaimie Alexander.|