|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
|Type||Private University, deemed by Ministry of HRD|
|Chancellor||Dr. C.G Krishnadas Nair|
|President||Dr. Chenraj Roychand|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. N Sundararajan|
|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Former names||Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College (est. 1990)|
Jain University is deemed-to-be-university in Bangalore, India. Established by Jain University Trust and promoted by The JGI Group in Indian state of Karnataka. It is the member of Association of Universities of Asia and Pacific and certified ISO 9001:2008 for quality management. It is a member of Association of Indian Universities. It also possesses Jain International Residential School, Bangalore (JIRS), an international school.
Jain University (formerly Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, SBMJC) is declared deemed to be University under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Union Government vide notification No.F-9-57/2007-U.3 (A) Ministry of HRD, GOI December 19, 2008 and July 24, 2009.
Jain University has established 10 Centers of Excellence (CoEs) – Centre for Nano and Material Sciences; International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management; Centre for Emerging Technologies; Centre for Disaster Mitigation; Centre for Research in Social Sciences and Education; Centre for Ancient History & Culture; Centre for Indian Psychology; Centre for Advanced Studies in Biosciences, Center for Post Graduate Studies and Centre for Pure & Applied Sciences.
The university offers over 185 programmes at the undergraduate, postgraduate and research levels spanning elective courses and interdisciplinary certificate programmes ranging from Languages, Social Sciences & Humanities, Physical & Life Sciences, Engineering Science & Technology, Management and Commerce, etc. Ph.D. and M.Phil.
Constituent colleges and centres: The university includes the following colleges and centers, all in Bangalore, unless otherwise noted:
- Center for Management Studies
- Center for Post Graduate Studies
- Centre for Research in Social Science and Education
- Centre for Emerging Technologies
- Centre for Nano and Material Sciences
- Centre for Research in Pure and Applied Sciences
- Centre for Disaster Mitigation
- Centre for Ancient Indian History & Culture
- Centre for Indian Psychology
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Biosciences
- Chenraj Roychand Centre for Entrepreneurship
- International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management
- "Schools: Jain University". jainuniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 9 December 2011.